Its a SAD day....at kpou.....GAS.F@#&#

Sticky1

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Sticky1
Well today 100LL hit $5.00/gal......:hairraise:

THAT SUCKS:mad:

The walk-in rate at KPDK is over six bucks right. Same for KFTY.

Hey, it could be worse... You could be swinging like Tiger today! :eek:

At BED, it's been over 5 for a few years now.
Right now, 100LL is between $6.11 and 6.30.
That's crazy.

$4.49 at KBCK I also filled at KRZN Mogas $3.04. over 12 gallons for less than I paid for 9 gallons. Can't wait until I'm running ethanol for next to nothing.

Dan

I paid $4.80 today at the self serve pump. The transient rate is well into the $5.00 range and has been for about a year.:eek:

$6.21 at ADS (!);
$3.60 at HQZ (20.4NM away), a big, honkin' field with beautiful facilities and an ILS.

Can you guess where I buy most of *my* fuel locally?

$4.30 at VIH
$3.70 at UBX, that was a week or so ago.
$3.05 at Salem, MO, M39 I think. That's what my helo buddy told me.
All 100LL

The city is taking over the fuel services, so last week Westair at DMW was getting rid of 100ll in inventory at $3 gal. Probably long gone by now.

The city is taking over the fuel services, so last week Westair at DMW was getting rid of 100ll in inventory at $3 gal. Probably long gone by now.
I'm leery of city governments controlling a commodity. What's their reason for taking over?

I'm leery of city governments controlling a commodity. What's their reason for taking over?

I'm based FDK so I don't know the inside poker, but the city of Westminster has been working on an airport expansion plan and coming up against a bunch of resident opposition. My guess is that they are looking for revenue.

Self serve at my home base has been $4.10 for several months. Friday I filled up on an AngelFlight mission for $3.69.

City owned fuel is usually cheaper. It gets pilots in for landings and TO. This gives them more operations, and that gets them more money through FAA.

Dan

We bought just under 600 gals of Jet-A in Islip yesterday at $5.88/gal. And when I say we, I mean my company.

100LL is going for $5.99 from the same company (Sheltair/Texico) and $5.79 from Mid Island Air/AvFuel across the airport.

Back