it's a house by golly

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
I went down to SC on Friday night, got back last night. My house is 99% done - all that's left really is cleaning the construction stuff out of the inside, putting appliances in their spots, and then landscaping.

I have a mailbox now - with a house number and my name on the box - how funny.

in front of the various houses there was a sign stating "this Centex home is being built for..." and the name.

one said "this Centex home is being built for Christ". I thought that was kinda funny - personally I thought he'd want a much grander house, but, I like the new neighbor!

woodstock said:
I went down to SC on Friday night, got back last night. My house is 99% done - all that's left really is cleaning the construction stuff out of the inside, putting appliances in their spots, and then landscaping.

I have a mailbox now - with a house number and my name on the box - how funny.

in front of the various houses there was a sign stating "this Centex home is being built for..." and the name.
Very nice. When will the big move in day be or are you just keeping this more as a vacation place?

smigaldi said:
Very nice. When will the big move in day be or are you just keeping this more as a vacation place?

vacation/investment and maybe eventually rental. I plan to keep it empty for my family/friends for several months at least and see how much usage we get out of it. most likely rent it out eventually. but I want to enjoy my nice new house first!

er, well, it's not that big and the lagoon behind it means you have to have floats. but, sure, come on by!

Congratulations Beth. Enjoy your new house. Now finish up your license, buy a plane so you can ease the commute...

Congrats Beth! It's taken a long time for you to get to this point.

When will the final punch out inspection be done? Be sure to get there plenty of time ahead and check everything you can before they get there. Hate so say it, but with some builders, getting the little things fixed can be time consuming and troublesome. Many builders turn final fix up over to another department; not usually the crew that built the home. Hope you have a good experience here. Check all the big stuff first, then trim type things. They should provide a checklist, but it's not all inclusive.

Water connections, electrical connections, etc. I've seen walls put in the wrong place, washer/dryer connections in the wrong room, etc. If you're not comfortable doing it yourself, hire a good home inspector: any realtor can refer one or they may be listed.

Hope you get it all worked out. Tell them if you have any problems, you're going to ask Lance and I to come down and look it over <VBG>. We're detailed enough to keep them out there a long time!!

Best,

Dave

Which Plantation on hilton head is the house in? I love HH, spent tons of family vacations there.

it's in Bluffton! I looked on island initially but found out I could get a 25 yr old condo on the beach - tiny (but on the beach - so it was a tossup...) or a brand spanking new house across the bridge. and bigger.

had I done this a year, 18 months ago... my money for this place WOULD have bought a house on a plantation on island. oh well. a building block - give me a few years.

I'm heading down in late June for 5-6 days, plan to spend some time indulging in water sports!

Bluffton is very nice, good choice! I was amazed by the amount of development there last time I visited.

woodstock said:
one said "this Centex home is being built for Christ". I thought that was kinda funny - personally I thought he'd want a much grander house, but, I like the new neighbor!

From what I've read He actually lived very simply and near the water too.

If you run into your new neighbor put in a good word for me.

Len

Len Lanetti said:
From what I've read He actually lived very simply and near the water too.

If you run into your new neighbor put in a good word for me.

Len

Yeah, from what I hear not a "flashy" guy that needed vacation homes near the water.

Back