It will feel strange

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
Though I have been flying a fair amount, and am instrument current, for a few days in August, I will not be able to act as PIC. My BFR expires at the end of this month, and my CFI can't do the new one until the first week of August.

For all practical purposes, it doesn't matter. The next flight I have planned is for the second week of August. But it will feel weird knowing that for the first time in 10 years, I will not be allowed to pilot an aircraft by myself!

Actually, you will not be able to be PIC, but you can be PFA.

No big deal. I do that all the time so I can get an extra month out of my BFR, and medical.

Actually, you will not be able to be PIC, but you can be PFA.

Reading the regs, you are correct, but I can still -log- PIC. (But I really don't care about whether or not I get to log a couple of hours as PIC.)

Though I have been flying a fair amount, and am instrument current, for a few days in August, I will not be able to act as PIC. My BFR expires at the end of this month, and my CFI can't do the new one until the first week of August.

For all practical purposes, it doesn't matter. The next flight I have planned is for the second week of August. But it will feel weird knowing that for the first time in 10 years, I will not be allowed to pilot an aircraft by myself!

Sounds like poor planning to not have completed it earlier. :mad2:
Or just go find another CFI. :idea:

Sounds like poor planning to not have completed it earlier. :mad2:
Or just go find another CFI. :idea:

I will humbly admit to the poor planning, though since I mostly fly for pleasure, it doesn't inconvenience me all that much.

I could find another CFI, but I like this guy. I'm willing to wait a few days. :)

Make it a learning experience in itself. Sit back, relax and learn for the other pilot. You could have 10K and the other 100....you will probably learn more than single piloting. My .02.

I'm in the same situation. My CFI is on vacation. Oh, well ...

I'm in the same situation. My CFI is on vacation. Oh, well ...

I hope I can get it done that day, because I do have a flight scheduled a few days later with my brother who's visiting from out of town.

I hope I can get it done that day, because I do have a flight scheduled a few days later with my brother who's visiting from out of town.

I'm back in town on the second. If your regular guy isn't available let me know and I can help you out.

TIM
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I'm back in town on the second. If your regular guy isn't available let me know and I can help you out.

TIM
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Thanks, Tim! Right now, we've got Friday the 5th. Just in case, are you available that weekend?

Ben,

I think you are over obsessing, and beating yourself up for no reason. Its not a big deal, really.

I think as pilots, we sometimes think we are special or different, and if that facet of our life gets derailed temporarily, its a big issue. In the grand scheme of things its just another thing to do.

Ben,

I think you are over obsessing, and beating yourself up for no reason. Its not a big deal, really.

I think as pilots, we sometimes think we are special or different, and if that facet of our life gets derailed temporarily, its a big issue. In the grand scheme of things its just another thing to do.

I think you're right. I think I can take it in a positive way, that we really worked hard for this privilege, and this is a reminder of what it means to be able to fly!

Back