It was decided for me

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
Multi is next. My aviation Christmas gift is Multi Engine Flying by Paul Craig. Training will be in the summer, most likely in the Seneca.

Ahh. Sounds like a lot of fun :)

Good for you. I'm going to do the same thing, starting in Feb/Mar. Rider @ HGR has an A-model Aztec with a new stack, it's $600 less than ATP @ HEF for the AMEL rating, and I can use the same DPE @ CBE that I've used for all of my ratings. Then, I'll add the MEI and get myself to 15 hours.

Will I ever fly or instruct in a twin? Who knows...I don't really care. I'm doing it for the challenge.

Greg
CFII

Ben;

Gosh you will be the Master of many Throttles, Props and Mixtures soon

Enjoy and remember the old saying to help you along during your training "Dead Foot,Dead Engine" unless it is a center line twin.

Enjoy and let us know how the training goes for you.

Have fun learning

John

I know you're going to enjoy this Ben. And I'll bet you will have read at least five books on the subject before the checkride. I suggest John Eckalbar's "Flying High Performance Singles & Twins" for one of them.

I'm looking forward to the review of ME flying that this will afford us, of POA - Ben always asks those good questions!

Thank you, guys; I'm looking forward to it!

wangmyers said:
Multi is next. My aviation Christmas gift is Multi Engine Flying by Paul Craig. Training will be in the summer, most likely in the Seneca.
Oooooo, can I have the Piaggio when you're through? I hope you'll keep us updated.

I will keep you guys updated. Wow--if there ever was a bird to attract one to flying multies, the Avanti would be it! Gee, I wonder how much per hour it would be--$1500?

i'm doing the same this summer, going to be buying an apache to get it done though it think, its cheaper to but the airplane than to rent it.

wangmyers said:

If you still have the receipt take it back and get a good book--one hopefully written by someone who know's the subject.

If you don't still have the receipt, do the world a favor and burn it--verus give it to a used book store and have it end up in someone else's hands.

Seriously, the man has serious knowledge gaps and does not know the topic--get another book.

Ed Guthrie said:
If you still have the receipt take it back and get a good book--one hopefully written by someone who know's the subject.

If you don't still have the receipt, do the world a favor and burn it--verus give it to a used book store and have it end up in someone else's hands.

Seriously, the man has serious knowledge gaps and does not know the topic--get another book.
Ouch. Any particular spots? As noted above, I'll probably also read others like the Jepp and Gardner.

wangmyers said:
Ouch. Any particular spots? As noted above, I'll probably also read others like the Jepp and Gardner.

I first met the book through Ryan F. who owned a copy and posted some of the "wisdom" from the book. I honestly don't remember the exact error, but it was huge and obvious. I later found a copy on a bookshelf and perused a few pages for myself--I wasn't impressed. Ryan F. can probably offer up a few examples.

I have Jepp and can recommend it. I hear good things about Gardner's book but its absence is an admitted hole in my library collection and as such I have no direct experience.

Last edited:
Ben,

Good luck on the ME training. My time will come for that as my preferred mode of personal transportation (at least at this stage in life) is the Aztec or the 310. Just haven't decided which of the two I'd prefer. :)

Back