It was CAVU today, so I didn't fly

Jaybird180

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Jaybird180
I made arrangements with a CFII I flew with awhile back to get together for the sole purpose of seeking out and flying through some (M?)VFR rain. Closest radar returns were 2 states away in NC. We didn't go and I didn't feel like putzing around otherwise.

Never been wet before except for some spritzes during primary. I need to see for myself - in a controlled manner; not alone and no convective stuff. Maybe next week:confused:

You may have a few opportunities as Tropical Storm Issac moves to the northeast. Not sure if you won't see any convection, but you'll get wet.

I made arrangements with a CFII I flew with awhile back to get together for the sole purpose of seeking out and flying through some (M?)VFR rain. Closest radar returns were 2 states away in NC. We didn't go and I didn't feel like putzing around otherwise.

Never been wet before except for some spritzes during primary. I need to see for myself - in a controlled manner; not alone and no convective stuff. Maybe next week:confused:

I agree it is great to get real IMC.

I hope you won't mind a Jewish person suggesting a change of a word. I think "putting around," or "puttering around" is better than "putzing around." Putz is Yiddish for ornament, but also slang for the male member.

Hope you get some IMC soon! :)

Back