"It was a nice brawl...."

wsuffa

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bill S.
".... If you go up there, you'll see hair, earrings, all pulled out on the ground," Wilson said."

Computer Glitch Leads To Kmart Brawl
2 People Arrested

WAUWATOSA, Wis. -- A weekend melee at a Kmart store in Wauwatosa was started by a computer glitch.
The store was running a promotion to give away $10 to anyone applying for its credit card, but the computer glitch led to everyone's application being approved, giving up to $4,000 in instant credit to anyone who applied, even if they shouldn't have qualified.
One witness told police someone went to another Kmart, got some applications there and was selling them in the Wauwatosa Kmart parking lot for $20 apiece.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

http://www.ksat.com/money/14702622/detail.html

See if everyone had been armed this would fist fight would not have occurred. Maybe a mass shoot out but no fist fight, right?

DUCKS and RUNS AWAY!! ;) ;) ;)

Darn that Rosie O'Donnell for making K-Mart get rid of its guns

Big deal. $4000, but you gotta use that to buy stuff at K-Mart or Sears. :vomit:

NO! I DON'T WANT TO APPLY FOR A SEARS CREDIT CARD!

Dear mikea:

We at SEARS have received your request for a pre-approval for a Sears Platinum CREDIT CARD.

Right now, you and ONLY you mikea can qualify for a new SEARS Sears Platinum CREDIT CARD by calling 1-800-FLEECE-I today!

As a bonus for signing up mikea, YOU will receive a complimentary 10% off in-store gift coupon that can be used on your specially selected bonus credit date! Based on what we know about you from your interest in SEARS, we have determined your optimal specially selected bonus credit date! to be January 13, 1993.

We at SEARS are honored to extend this special, limited offer to you and you alone. And thank YOU, mikea for shopping at SEARS!

Sincerely,

SEARS

Improve your life with quality products you deserve. Using your Sears card to shop at Sears and Kmart stores has never been easier! Get great deals on KenmoreTM refrigerators, microwaves, washers and dryers, Craftsman® tools and so much more! Sears cards have no annual fee, convenient monthly payments, rewards,1 and 24/7 Customer Service.

Evidently retail sales were down this year. To offset that, there were stores opening as early as 4 AM last Friday. There were serveral reports of brawls taking place; typically women fighting over clothing marked 30% down from list.

One Best Buy was the scene of a fight involving hundreds of people. It seems the store issued vouchers or markers to persons gathered to wait for the store opening. The problem came when those who had waited longer complained that the vouchers should have gone to them first (See a pattern here? ME, Me, Me)

Then several enterprising folks figured they could make a buck and began scalping the vouchers to the higgest bidder. If the shoving and hair pulling wasn't enough, all hell broke loose when word circulated of this "corporate sponsored capitalism".

Several people were arrested, several more went to the hospital, and several were both. Store windows were broken and cars vandalized. And for what? 30-40% discount of crap you don't need.

Evidently retail sales were down this year. To offset that, there were stores opening as early as 4 AM last Friday. There were serveral reports of brawls taking place; typically women fighting over clothing marked 30% down from list.

One Best Buy was the scene of a fight involving hundreds of people. It seems the store issued vouchers or markers to persons gathered to wait for the store opening. The problem came when those who had waited longer complained that the vouchers should have gone to them first (See a pattern here? ME, Me, Me)

Then several enterprising folks figured they could make a buck and began scalping the vouchers to the higgest bidder. If the shoving and hair pulling wasn't enough, all hell broke loose when word circulated of this "corporate sponsored capitalism".

Several people were arrested, several more went to the hospital, and several were both. Store windows were broken and cars vandalized. And for what? 30-40% discount of crap you don't need.
Ahhh Chri$ma$ !!! The season of peace on earth :mad::no::vomit::no::mad:

And we all wonder why there is no peace in the Middle East. Human beings are strange, strange animals.

I had no idea that Sears card is now a Citi card. I have bad, bad, bad memories of when Sears credit was in house.

There were a bunch of stories not long ago about their collections people telling victims they were coming out to take back the bed they were sleeping on. Sears ignored silly things like bankruptcy and court orders.

I find both Sears and K-Mart pretty depressing places. I've only ordered from Sears.com and that was a technical disaster.

Evidently retail sales were down this year. To offset that, there were stores opening as early as 4 AM last Friday.

Went in to Circuit City later in the morning on Friday. Clerk said people had started lining up at 11 PM the night before. Discounts are nice, but that's just plain nuts.

Went in to Circuit City later in the morning on Friday. Clerk said people had started lining up at 11 PM the night before. Discounts are nice, but that's just plain nuts.

Living in a small town has its perks. When everyone else is lined up at 11PM, I can walk up 10 minutes before the store opens and I'll be at the front of the line. :D

Living in a small town has its perks. When everyone else is lined up at 11PM, I can walk up 10 minutes before the store opens and I'll be at the front of the line. :D

Hey, tell me about Greenville. I've got meetings there the middle of March.

Hey, tell me about Greenville. I've got meetings there the middle of March.

Not much to say about it. Small city with a nice downtown area... about the best thing is the fact that you've got three airports within a stone's throw from each other: KGYH, KGMU, and KGSP. Had an instructor fly a DA-20 from KGMU to KGYH and only put .1 on the Hobbs from startup to shutdown (was probably .15, but he still says it was only 6 minutes :D ).

Let me know when you come down, we'll get a fly-in setup ;)

Friday I got in line at GameStop at 5:30 am for a 7 am opening, on the chance they'd have a few Wii consoles. They had 30, I was #7 in a line that numbered about 40 by the time they opened.

I would rather not have been there, but it actually was kinda fun.

Friday I got in line at GameStop at 5:30 am for a 7 am opening, on the chance they'd have a few Wii consoles. They had 30, I was #7 in a line that numbered about 40 by the time they opened.

A Wii groupie? :)

I'll do that. Should be flying in late on the 12th and returning home on the 15th. Self loading cargo on UA in all probability.
Ghery, if ya make it, I'll drive up the road a bit. William's already there but you being there will make the trip worthwhile. :)

Not much to say about it. Small city with a nice downtown area... about the best thing is the fact that you've got three airports within a stone's throw from each other: KGYH, KGMU, and KGSP. Had an instructor fly a DA-20 from KGMU to KGYH and only put .1 on the Hobbs from startup to shutdown (was probably .15, but he still says it was only 6 minutes :D ).

Let me know when you come down, we'll get a fly-in setup ;)

if it is a weekend I'm in Hilton Head, you guys want to meet in Savannah?

I'll do that. Should be flying in late on the 12th and returning home on the 15th. Self loading cargo on UA in all probability.

ok, I am already going to miss you. I'm down on the 8th to turn on the furnace and check on the house. Maybe the January long wkd then...

See if everyone had been armed this would fist fight would not have occurred. Maybe a mass shoot out but no fist fight, right?

DUCKS and RUNS AWAY!! ;) ;) ;)

Darn that Rosie O'Donnell for making K-Mart get rid of its guns

Actually, a concealed carry permit holder would have egressed the area, avoiding turning his back to the threat, and called the police. Oh well, at least Wisconsin and Illinois are SO much safer than the other 48 states that permit concealed carry...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

BT,DT.

Tommy's birthday morning earlier this year; we'd given up on getting a Wii, and would not pay extortionate eBay prices or buy $700.00 "bindles" of Wii and every known accessory and unwanted game.

Then the GameStop guy tells Celia (low, conspiratorial voice), "I think Target may have some tomorrow."

Up at 0500, check Target ad online, Wii ("limited quantities") is in there, rush to Target store. We are No. 3 in line, and they thoughtfully hand out store-manager business cards with sequence numbers on them ("...sometimes people get aggressive in line...").

Store opens, and we all politely stroll to the Customer Service desk, where the Wiis are stocked. Listen to guy in front of us ***** that they won't let him buy more then one (he has "two brothers and two cousins [he] wants to give them to..." - yah, right: the eBay family....). They had a total of six consoles, sold out instantly.

That was March, and the Wii madness continues. Not that I have not been tempted to roll the car over it a time or three!

Not that I have not been tempted to roll the car over it a time or three!

What sound does a Wii make when it hits the pavement from pattern altitude? :rofl:

Does it go Wii, Wii, Wii all the way home?

Back