It may be time.....

poadeleted1

Deleted by request
:lightning: After much trial and tribulation, I might finally get out of Florida. Sure, you say, you could leave anytime you like, however the reality of it is that you can't just pick up and go. Unless you are an independently wealthy single person with no comittments....

I am still in the "might" stage, but I have totally cleared the technical hurdles (interviews) and all the security issues (as if there might have been a problem there). Now all that remains is the HR/money questions. I am not especially greedy, but it would be nice to have enough left over at the end of the month to buy something inexpensive and fun to fly. It's all about :yinyang: .

I will remain in touch here, on "Brand A's" board if they ever reopen it, and by email for those who are close enough to me to have my email. Hmmmm...kinda makes it sound like I am going far away....well, when I left the airport for my interview, I could hear the theme from "Deliverance" all the time. 6 radio stations. 1 "rock", 1 PBS and 4 country.....yeeee haw....I am skeered of that, but I think I will make it. At the hotel it was kareoke night and everyone was doing country songs.:yes: it is true. And I weren't even in West Virginny!

KP

F.W. Birdman said:
:lightning: After much trial and tribulation, I might finally get out of Florida. Sure, you say, you could leave anytime you like, however the reality of it is that you can't just pick up and go. Unless you are an independently wealthy single person with no comittments....

I am still in the "might" stage, but I have totally cleared the technical hurdles (interviews) and all the security issues (as if there might have been a problem there). Now all that remains is the HR/money questions. I am not especially greedy, but it would be nice to have enough left over at the end of the month to buy something inexpensive and fun to fly. It's all about :yinyang: .

I will remain in touch here, on "Brand A's" board if they ever reopen it, and by email for those who are close enough to me to have my email. Hmmmm...kinda makes it sound like I am going far away....well, when I left the airport for my interview, I could hear the theme from "Deliverance" all the time. 6 radio stations. 1 "rock", 1 PBS and 4 country.....yeeee haw....I am skeered of that, but I think I will make it. At the hotel it was kareoke night and everyone was doing country songs.:yes: it is true. And I weren't even in West Virginny!

KP
Sounds like you might be coming to Arkansas?;)

K.P.; let us know how it goes. I often get out to Chesapeake and it'd be easy to drop by your new place. Have another friend there, as I mentioned. My e-mail is dsiciliano2 AT sbcglobal.net. Once you settled, let me know how to reach you.

I'd stop by and see you on the way out to Cozumel, but we'll be pushed for time. My family is already asking why I can't spend more time with them in the Orlando area before heading to Mexico. Seems like no matter what you do, someone thinks it should be more!!

Best,

Dave
Baron 322KS

Last edited:
Will do Dave. I like Chesapeake area...even if I was a sailor and we were PNG sometimes.

I understand about the family issues. They have got to come first. Always.:yes:

KP

F.W. Birdman said:

KP

The only problem with leaving SoFla for anywhere else in the cont US is... WINTER:hairraise: :hairraise: :hairraise: :hairraise: :hairraise:.

Greetings from Antwerp...The Tijuana of Europe...:vomit:

H2,

There are things worse than winter....like hurricanes and mosquitoes. Like paying $300K for a $90K house, auto insurance that is triple what I was paying in Chicago....there are about a million things in Miami-Dade that make it less desirable than Broward or Palm Beach....but FPL says that I am critical where I am and so....no transfer, no move. Its up to me.

The only bite right now is that my bride was musing this AM....she said that she didn't think I would be willing to go someplace less favorable for flying (no club, high rental rates, etc.)...unless....I was planning on buying....:hairraise: who me?:redface: Now where is that trade a plane.....

F.W. Birdman said:
KP

Good luck KP. Is this still a steamworks job?

Its with a major OEM for power generation controls equipment, Generally Electrically speaking.....
Some field engineering work, some commissioning work, lots of control logic and integration work.

Its just time for a change from SoFla. Must be the military brat/sailor in my blood.:dunno:

KP,

If you end up there, keep in touch.

I have property at the north end of the Valley, family in DC & Va. Beach, so I'm up there several times a year.

Hope all goes well with the remainder of the process. It really is a beautiful area up there....

(maybe you can find a farm and build an airstrip...)

Back