It is hard to fly this badly

kimberlyanne546

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Kimberly
Saw this posted on another board.

Sorry if it has already been posted here on POA - I did a search and could not see that it had.

Awesome video if you listen to the comments about how the show was thought out and created as an aviation comedy:

Here is the post:

"This video has been shown before, but I have not heard the narration before."

http://wimp.com/flybadly/

PS - If you don't have time to watch the whole video, fast forward to about 5:10 and watch how he "falls out of the airplane drunk" with the prop still spinning and ducks underneath the plane. Cool.

:lol:

I love how he said "It's a lot of work to fly that badly".

Now don't get notions of stuff to do in that citabria! :)

Now don't get notions of stuff to do in that citabria! :)

I am not going to do that in my rental Citabria on Saturday don't worry. That guy said in the video he duct taped metal plates to the wing tips to protect them while he was dragging wing.

I am not going to do that in my rental Citabria on Saturday don't worry. That guy said in the video he duct taped metal plates to the wing tips to protect them while he was dragging wing.

See what happens why you get your TW endorsement! :yesnod:

There is a local act that has an aileron fall of the Cub, and he continues the show!

The Franklins have had it rough now for multiple generations. It's sad.

They've also been some of the best entertainers in aviation. Kyle's routine is a joy to watch.

saw that at oshkosh one year. loved it.

Wow - I saw this posted on another board, too. Kimberly...you on arfcom?

saw that at oshkosh one year. loved it.

I was working crowd control at the north area of Vintage (just off show center) one year when Franklin came up to us and explained what he was about to do and suggested we could chase after him a bit (as long as we didn't catch him). So he runs out of the first row of the crowd with several of us chasing after him waving our arms and sceaming.

I was on a flight like this on my way to 6Y9 a few days prior to Labor Day weekend.

Back