It Finally Worked!

SkyChaser

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
SkyChaser
All ready to go just before 7 this morning...
DSCN1127.JPG

Got my directions written out and ready to go:
DSCN1128.JPG

My CFI and I hung out in the FBO until the rain showers cleared up a bit, talking and petting the cat:
DSCN1129.JPG

And then, out to the plane!
DSCN1133.JPG

And I did it! After 13 weeks, I flew!
DSCN1135.JPG

We did slow flight, stalls, and steep turns. I was amazed at how much I remembered. My steep turns were better today than they've ever been, and stalls and slow flight were so easy. My landing sucked, though. A bit high, a bit fast, and a bit weird after only landing a Skyhawk. LOL
Landing aside, it was so great to be back in the air! I haven't stopped smiling yet. I was grinning the whole 1.5 hour drive home. My face hurts now. :)

Well done!
Great to hear you are enjoying the experience.
That's what it's about.

I got another 2.5 hours in the logbook today to go with yesterday's 1.2! It wasn't a fluke yesterday - my steep turns and stalls rocked today, too! So weird. I really thought that I was going to have such problems with steep turns when I got back in the air. We mostly did traffic pattern practice, low approaches/go-arounds and landings for the rest of the time. That was so much work, I almost went to sleep in the FBO afterward trying to get up the gumption to go back outside in the heat. LOL

Most of the landings sucked (the last one, though, was seriously Awesome, almost a greaser!). Still coming in a bit high and a bit fast. I am getting there, though! Getting used to dropping at an alarming rate towards the runway will take some time. ;) And the fact that an Archer will not have a pronounced "break" at the top of a power-on stall. That feels so strange.

And I waited behind a super-cute RV8A at the gas pump afterwards. Boy, could that plane climb on takeoff!

Sounds like an awesome day. BTW if a landing sucks but you understand why it sucked, it no longer qualifies as a sucky landing. Instead it goes into the learning experience category. Well done.

Back