jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
Bought it last night...frustrating at first..eventually not so bad:

cube.jpg

Nice, Jesse! I used to be able to solve those, even if a stranger scrambled it. I don't remember all the moves now, but it's funny you made this post, as I stumbled upon this old document on my hard drive yesterday.

Attachments

• CubeSolve.pdf
    229.7 KB · Views: 50
In chat, he says he went out at 2AM because he had a desire to solve a Rubik's Cube. Is this normal for a 20yo guy?!?!?

Or, maybe it's the result of getting rebuffed by Tony.

:D

In chat, he says he went out at 2AM because he had a desire to solve a Rubik's Cube. Is this normal for a 20yo guy?!?!?

I don't know how far out of being college age you are, but I'm only 23, so I remember quite well. Really, I'm still there for the most part.

I don't generally stay up past midnight or 1 AM anymore (unless some member of the female species has coerced me into it), but going "Hmm... I wonder about [whatever]" at strange hours is not uncommon. I used to hop on the Bandit 1200S (mine was red) and ride to the grocery store at 3 AM to get coffee yogurt. No, I'm not joking. Once I went to WalMart at 2:30 AM on the Bandit because my rabbit looked cold (my roommate kept on turning the thermostat to 60 in the winter), so I went and got him a heat pad.

I actually love going out at that hour. The roads are mine, and night is easily my favorite time for driving/riding/flying. While riding or driving you can see the beautiful night sky filled with stars (in the right place). With night flying, you are in the beautiful night sky filled with stars. It feels as though you are amongst the heavens - that you could reach out of the plane and touch the face of God. To me, anyway.

My favorite flying experience so far was flying the Aztec back to IPT from Maine at night (night take-off to night landing). No moon out, and flying through the middle of nowhere. Pitch black, except for the stars, making one of the most beautiful views I have ever seen.

Back on topic - I never was good at them cube thingies.

Once I went to WalMart at 2:30 AM on the Bandit because my rabbit looked cold ...

...surely that is code for something vile and disgusting, right? :D

I don't generally stay up past midnight or 1 AM anymore (unless some member of the female species has coerced me into it), but going "Hmm... I wonder about [whatever]" at strange hours is not uncommon. I used to hop on the Bandit 1200S (mine was red) and ride to the grocery store at 3 AM to get coffee yogurt. No, I'm not joking. Once I went to WalMart at 2:30 AM on the Bandit because my rabbit looked cold (my roommate kept on turning the thermostat to 60 in the winter), so I went and got him a heat pad.

I actually love going out at that hour. The roads are mine, and night is easily my favorite time for driving/riding/flying...
Well, the roads are yours and the cops and the drunks who just got tossed out of whatever bar at closing time.

I remember one year when I drove downtown to pick up my mom at work New Year's eve. It was like driving in "Escape from L.A." There were cars going every which way at any any time on any light. I watched a cab casually drive on the sidewalk.

Let's be careful out there.

When you get to your old age you'll find like me, that it's not so easy anymore to forget to go to bed before the sun starts coming up. I go down fast now.

...surely that is code for something vile and disgusting, right? :D

Poor choice of words. :D What I mean is I'm getting close to the "Grandpa fell asleep in his chair again" phase, although now that I think about it, last night Pancho came over to get me, gave up and went to her bed by herself.

Good on you, Jesse. I never solved the cube, even using online instructions such as they were 20 years ago.

Things musta been created by the devil. :D

Kent and I were working on the New York Times crossword puzzle yesterday, and one of the clues was the toy company that originally sold the Rubik's Cube (Ideal Toys.)

You could probably solve the Rubik's Cube faster than the NYT Crossword!

I'm not very fast yet...

Last edited:
I'm not quite that fast, but I can typically solve it in less than 3 minutes, no matter who messes it up or how bad.

Kent and I were working on the New York Times crossword puzzle yesterday, and one of the clues was the toy company that originally sold the Rubik's Cube (Ideal Toys.)

You could probably solve the Rubik's Cube faster than the NYT Crossword!

Ugh. That was crazy. I started with nothing but the useless knowledge in my brain, then after about three hours I added Wikipedia to the mix. After 4 1/2 hours I still couldn't solve it and lacked the ambition to use Google to do so. I'm not even sure that would have worked.

Me stooooopid.

I don't know how far out of being college age you are, but I'm only 23, so I remember quite well. Really, I'm still there for the most part.

I don't generally stay up past midnight or 1 AM anymore (unless some member of the female species has coerced me into it),

I'm 27 and the only time I'm in bed before 1AM is when I'm jetlagged or coming off of a all nighter. It is nigh on the impossible for me to rack out any time before 11pm, and most nights I get into bed about 12:30 and am reasonably awake until 1 or so.

Last night I got stuck in Philly (don't hate me, PHL guys, I met my friend and his wife downtown for dinner) and, even though I had a 0400 wakeup, still wasn't asleep until 145.

Back on topic - I never was good at them cube thingies.

I'm not good, but I do enjoy a good puzzle. One of my co-workers leaves one on his desk; if he knows I'm coming in for a meeting, he'll purposefully screw it up so he can watch me solve it while discussing the issue du jour.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Back