Display name:
Bill S.
Tasty Raspberry Pi....

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20120823_185204.jpg
    IMG_20120823_185204.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 439
They're nifty. Been playing with a co-worker's that arrived a couple of weeks ago at work.

I'd like to mess with it and see if I could make a tiny LiveATC feed out of one. USB audio input seems like folks are having a difficult time with it. Been reading forums on that, but it looks do-able to me.

In thinking about ordering one, I've noted the irony that my first computer hooked to a TV, and this one has an HDMI output to a TV also. :)

Yep...it does...you will also need one that does not have a VHF and UHF tuner...

HD tuners are still VHF and UHF. ;)

You meant one that doesn't have only an analog TV tuner. ;)

Even then, it's conceivable there's a TV out there with a tuner but no HDMI input... but you'll never find that. :)

The humor was received by the targeted party :wink2:...the rest is hair splitting...

HD tuners are still VHF and UHF. ;)

You meant one that doesn't have only an analog TV tuner. ;)

Even then, it's conceivable there's a TV out there with a tuner but no HDMI input... but you'll never find that. :)

The humor was received by the targeted party :wink2:...the rest is hair splitting...

LOL... Sorry, I work in a field where folks try to plug the wrong things into the wrong things all the time -- on paper anyway. ;)

"I realize what you're trying to do there in your diagram, but that's not how it really works." :)

I have a picture of 6 grade A large brown eggs stacked on a pup tent...when someone comes into my office with that kind of tripe..I break that paper out and tell the that on paper I can stack eggs on a pup tent...

It NEVER fails to make my point...:D

LOL... Sorry, I work in a field where folks try to plug the wrong things into the wrong things all the time -- on paper anyway. ;)

"I realize what you're trying to do there in your diagram, but that's not how it really works." :)

I'm going to see if I can have it loaf along as a small email/web/DNS server. Could also be OK to run a low-density firewall or VPN endpoint.

Kind of reminds me of this.

Attachments

• 220px-Zx81-timex-manipulated.jpg
    220px-Zx81-timex-manipulated.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 27
I ordered mine in early April and received it mid July, haven't had a chance to play with it yet though :(

Gotta tell you - I find these devices absolutely fascinating - and I don't even know what I might do with it. These, as well as the Italian one, the name of which I cannot recall, but which have all kinds of "slices" you can add with various added function, beg for experimenting.

Sorta reminds me of when I was going to design a home-automation system around a DEC SBC11; except (of course) the processing power is scads greater and the price a minute fraction.

Cool stuff.

What kind of I/O & A/D capability is built in?

---

Edit: The Italian board is the Arduino.

Last edited:
A former employee of mine had made a toaster into a computer (toaster oven). It wasn't that useful, but the picture of it made a good screen saver.

Man, I can think of so many cool things to do with this...

Yep...it does...you will also need one that does not have a VHF and UHF tuner...
What display can I use?

There is composite and HDMI out on the board, so you can hook it up to an old analogue TV, to a digital TV or to a DVI monitor (using a cheap adapter for the DVI). There is no VGA support, but adaptors are available, although these are relatively expensive.
Yeah, I know it was sarcasm, but...:idea:

Well, mine showed up. It took around 4 months.

Now... WHAT DO I DO WITH IT???

Back