It (almost) feels like 1968 again!

I had a 1973 Triumph Daytona T100. It vibrated your hands numb. Leaked oil like sieve. Parts fell off. And the electrics were Lucas, nuff said. But gawd I loved that scooter. It had soul.
My wife had an MG and a T-shirt that said, "The British drink warm beer because they have Lucas refrigerators".

My one any only motorcycle was:

Attachments

• yamaha-rd400-right-side-featured.jpg
    yamaha-rd400-right-side-featured.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 13
So, the motorcycles I have owned...

Dirt
DKW - 125 MX - Sachs engine.... oye! When it ran it ran, with emphasis on the word when. I was so happy when the Motoplat ignition came out
CZ - 250 MX - Czech farm plow
Maico 490 - Where ever I put the front wheel, the bike was sure to follow
Honda CR-250 - three of them - I tried in vain to break them, but I couldn't
Suzuki - RM 250 - suppose to be the bike of the year, what they didn't tell you was, it wouldn't last a year.
Honda - CR 500 - but we place a four-speed gear box in her in place of the five. Could make it around the Hollister GP MX track in 2nd and 3rd gear.
Kawasaki KDX 200 - what a blast that thing was in the tight woods of Southeastern Pennsylvania
KTM - 300 MX - raced open class with it, and it was a dream... just the right amount of power.

Street Bikes

Honda CB-100 - bought it wrecked and fixed it.. helps when you work at a Honda Shop
Yamaha RD-350 - we worked it with the Kenny Roberts Kit. It almost cost my driver's license.. long story

What I would like to get is a BMW F 750 GS, but I digress, I have used up all my motorcycle lives and my knees remind me every morning :(

2019-BMW-F-750-GS.jpg

I can't see riding a minimoto bike, but the Trail 125 would be a fun little bike. It's basically the same thing that is a standard in most of Asia. You would think that for the price, if they are going to put ABS on it, they would upgrade the 60's technology four speed semi-automatic transmission. The current models of the same bike overseas have had a CVT transmission for the last ten years.

Rode the RE in cafe racer livery, very nice bike, nothing to set the world on fire. Does certainly have that vintage panache. Were I gunning for a 650 twin I'd probably go with one of the metric twins that seem to be springing up like mushrooms. They of course completely lack panache, but make up for it in dependability.

FIFY.

Time for your next bike. I recommend a Triumph.

No bikes. I will not ride on the street with the morons out there. Bad enough in a car.

I was as sport bike guy before they are sport bikes. I know I will talk myself into a 1 L sport bike for the track, and I am too old to fall off at 175 MPH

No bikes. I will not ride on the street with the morons out there. Bad enough in a car.

I was as sport bike guy before they are sport bikes. I know I will talk myself into a 1 L sport bike for the track, and I am too old to fall off at 175 MPH

Look at it this way: the older you get, the less of your life you’re risking.
;)

Back