Want To Buy ISO charter flight; S. Rim to N. Rim Grand Canyon

Skatemax9

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Max
Looking for a one way charter from the South Rim to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.

A friend and I managed to get permits to hike the GC but, unfortunately, the shuttle service responsible for transporting us from one end to the other (so our vehicle will be waiting for us at the finish) canceled on us last minute due to COVID-19 and the closure of tribal lands.

I'm hoping that a CPL in the region may see this and be willing to work something out. Direct from Grand Canyon National Park (GCN) to Marble Canyon (L41) is just shy of 60nm and should make for one hell of a view. If anyone is familiar with an affordable service that could fulfill these requirements, let me know!

P.S. A friend of mine has spoken very highly of the members of this forum. I look forward to contributing in the future.

How are you going to get to L41 from the north rim? That’s not a typical hiking route.

I might suggest talking to the helicopter operator at the airport....

How are you going to get to L41 from the north rim? That’s not a typical hiking route.

I might suggest talking to the helicopter operator at the airport....
Yeah, that would really save our feet some pain! I am confident that I can arrange ground transportation from L41 to the North Rim, it's bypassing the now closed the Navajo land that's the problem. From what the shuttle company told me, going around the tribal lands is such a detour that the trip is no longer profitable (practical?). I assumed that the touring company's who operate helicopters out of GCN probably have policies against landing at non-designated landing sights but it's worth checking out!

Sounds like you need both a pilot and a plane -you’ll need a 135 outfit for that job.

Redtail aviation out of Moab is one I know of, but I’m not sure they operate that far south. There has to be a tour operator that would do this. Maybe book a heli tour and ask them to drop you off at Marble?

Back