Isle of Mann TT

Morgan3820

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
El Conquistador
I am not a huge motor sports aficionado, but looking at this makes me want to add it to my bucket list. Has anyone ever attended this race?

I am not a huge motor sports aficionado, but looking at this makes me want to add it to my bucket list. Has anyone ever attended this race?

No, but it’s on my bucket list as well. The race is absolutely insane.

I have an acquaintance who rode in it. I thought he had great big cajones before I found that out.

Last edited:
Wow, some brutal crashes on YouTube. A Google image search of "Isle of Mann TT" returns crazy pictures of airborne super bikes that I have to assume are going very fast. Some of these airborne bikes are in corners.

From Wikipedia
"Between 1907 and 2017 there have been 146 fatalities during official practices or races on the Snaefell Mountain Course, and 255 total fatalities (this number includes the riders killed during the Manx Grand Prix, and Clubman TT race series of the late 1940s/1950s).[8][44][45]In 2016, 5 riders died on the course during official practices or races, bringing the total number of fatalities to 252.[46][47][9][48] There were six fatalities among competitors in the 1970 Isle of Man TT, making it the deadliest year in the history of the event.[49][50]"

It's almost certain a crash in the villages or towns will be fatal. I was involved in racing at a professional level for many years, and death came around occasionally. It is a terrible thing for a competitor to lose his life.

Some people claim a portion of fans attend races in the hope crashes will occur. I suppose that's true, and it's an unfortunate thing to support.

The TT racers are certainly brave. Their skills are incredible. I would love to attend the event.

The side car races are as interesting as the super bikes.

Many times. That and several other road races like thr Ulster GP and the NorthWest 200.

Its been a dream of mine to go there with my son (who is now an adult and also a motorcycle fanatic). I must do it, at least once!

That's one incredible race, and I would love to be there to see it. Those guys have some real bravery that I can admire.
This is one of my favorite videos, love the song too.

They race motorcycles and cars up Pikes Peak on 4th of July to the top (14,000+ feet) every year now. Its a paved course all the way up now. Top speeds are about 140mph.

Last edited:
Thought this maybe about open ocean racing. Happened on the nationals a Key West. Amazing, don't know how often they actually touch the water. Crashes were spectacular.

Another crazy ride... the circuit of Ireland

Attachments

• CBFF4DB1-606F-4E22-A6F9-B972EA69EB45.jpeg
    CBFF4DB1-606F-4E22-A6F9-B972EA69EB45.jpeg
    216.2 KB · Views: 3
Back