Isle of Man TT

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
watching the sidecar racing on Velocity Channel. Normal motorcycle racing is interesting, but these sidecar racers are really extreme! Fun to watch what the passenger must do to help keep the cycle on the road.

Must be one hell of a salesman if you can get someone to ride along with you on that track. Love watching videos online about that race.

The Isle of Man TT has to be one of the greatest races of any motorsport. I don't know how any of those guys can haul their huge balls of steel and still ride a motorcycle. I like watching the Youtube videos of the 50s and 60s races riding the vile handling machines of the era and still going insanely fast. Don

I'm a biker. Have been since I was a kid.
That is the one race I want to see in person.

I live just across the water from the IOM we flew in this last weekend to watch the final days practice, and also watch a friend of mine go for a new lap record on four wheels driving a Subaru Impreza.
The weather conditions are perfect and the pace the bike guys are doing a lap around the course in is blistering, sadly two racers did die on Saturday,and I fear there will be more crashes during this weeks races, not to mention some guys who are visiting the races on their road bikes won't be leaving the island on them !
Why do bike racers risk their necks every year riding the TT course ? .....ask any of them and they will give you the same answer...."because it's there" !

I live just across the water from the IOM we flew in this last weekend to watch the final days practice, and also watch a friend of mine go for a new lap record on four wheels driving a Subaru Impreza.
The weather conditions are perfect and the pace the bike guys are doing a lap around the course in is blistering, sadly two racers did die on Saturday,and I fear there will be more crashes during this weeks races, not to mention some guys who are visiting the races on their road bikes won't be leaving the island on them !
Why do bike racers risk their necks every year riding the TT course ? .....ask any of them and they will give you the same answer...."because it's there" !

You on the mainland ?

Used to take the fishing boat over from Co. Down for the week, always was a fun week. Dunlop always had a large following but haven't been there since moving state side

Watching videos of it, it looks like it's got to be the most exhilarating race in the world.

There are few things that I enjoy watching. Most I'd rather do myself. The Isle of Man TT is one exception that I will never, and have no desire to do myself, but love to watch.

You on the mainland ?

Used to take the fishing boat over from Co. Down for the week, always was a fun week. Dunlop always had a large following but haven't been there since moving state side

Yes my home town is Lytham St. Anne's just a few mile south of
BLackpool -EGNH my home field when I'm home and not at my US home in Florida. From Blackpool it's a short 35 minute flight across the water to the IOM,

I've driven the IOM roads many times back in the day when I used to be a pro rally car driver, although I'm still a road biker I've never had the urge to try and race the IOM course or even ride it for fun, every single race guy from the pro front runners setting the fast laps to the tailenders who just want to experience the TT are all brave men who know they are only a split second from death for every inch of the 37 mile course but they can't not take on the challenge !

A quote from a GOAT(Greatest of all time), Rossi, "I did a lap of the Isle of Man, and I understand why people love this because it’s f**king awesome – it’s unbelievable, great. But, unfortunately, it’s too dangerous. Sometimes, riders are crazy."

IOM racers are insane, but the sidecar racers are doubly insane.

A quote from a GOAT(Greatest of all time), Rossi, "I did a lap of the Isle of Man, and I understand why people love this because it’s f**king awesome – it’s unbelievable, great. But, unfortunately, it’s too dangerous. Sometimes, riders are crazy."

IOM racers are insane, but the sidecar racers are doubly insane.

This is most certainly true!

it is one of the most treacherous races in the world, You can practically feel the bumps through the screen every time something unsettles the bike and it lurches sideways. :)

Back