ISIS throws a party...

Gen Hawk(bigmouth) Carlisle should be lined up against a wall and shot.

Stupid, stupid big mouth bastard.

put them in a round room and tell them to go stand in the corner

Why?

No secrets were harmed in that press release. Nothing sensitive that's for sure.
I'd like to hear the logic for that comment to. If I understood the reasoning,, I might even agree with it.

Perhaps Doc knows more about the issue than was mentioned in the link.

The enemy was leaking information on their social media. Now that they know 100% that that's what caused them to be bombed, they will plug that leak and/or use it to leak disinformation so it is effectively useless to the U.S. now. I have to agree that it was terribly bad form to hold a press release just to publicly wank the U.S. military.

The enemy was leaking information on their social media. Now that they know 100% that that's what caused them to be bombed, they will plug that leak and/or use it to leak disinformation so it is effectively useless to the U.S. now. I have to agree that it was terribly bad form to hold a press release just to publicly wank the U.S. military.

Unless it's some sort of deliberate misinformation campaign that isn't obvious to the public. Like, maybe make a big deal of a minor leak to conceal a major one? Just speculating.

You misunderstand organizational comms vs individual.

This is an individual OPSEC issue and an example of 1) the level of intelligence of many ISIS followers and 2) how little control they have of those followers.

What the general described has been common knowledge for well over a decade. Some ISIS idiot just totally screwed up. It's kjnd of like that Bin Laden joke about the Taliban 'liking' his updated FB status.

This is nothing like the case over a decade ago when some moronic congress O2 thief announced to the media that we had been secretly listening in on AQ cell phone calls.

That announcement did result in AQ going silent virtually overnight.

Unless it's some sort of deliberate misinformation campaign that isn't obvious to the public. Like, maybe make a big deal of a minor leak to conceal a major one? Just speculating.
Or perhaps it was the realization that their use of social media was quite effective, and this announcement was intended to make them afraid to use it as much.

I don't think the speculation crowd has ever had, or needed a secret or higher clearance. Psy-ops, counterintel, and stuff like that is carefully crafted, delivered, and evaluated. What doesn't happen is for a flag-rank officer, to go spouting off at a speech in DC suburb. if this is some kind of counterintel op, the guy who thought it up should be lined up and shot too.

azzhats.

It seems the transparancy we were promised was intended to be only military secrets.

We are one stupid stupid society and we're going to pay for it.

My apologies to my kids, my grandkids, and those after us. I don't know how we lost it like we did ...

I don't think the speculation crowd has ever had, or needed a secret or higher clearance. Psy-ops, counterintel, and stuff like that is carefully crafted, delivered, and evaluated. What doesn't happen is for a flag-rank officer, to go spouting off at a speech in DC suburb. if this is some kind of counterintel op, the guy who thought it up should be lined up and shot too.

azzhats.

Well, at least then you'd have a proper line.

Rich

Well, at least then you'd have a proper line.

Rich

This would be funny.

If I weren't so angry.

I just can't imagine what he was thinking. Suppose a flag officer did this to Ultra in mid-1943. Speculating that hundreds if not thousands of good men killed, and months if not a year added to the horror of WWII. :mad2:

Our greatest warriors cruise Facebook. Bomb all ya want, we lost.
"Incredible work when you think about it," Carlisle said of the operation. "And it was these incredible airmen out there doing those kind of things," Carlisle said.

This would be funny.

If I weren't so angry.

I just can't imagine what he was thinking. Suppose a flag officer did this to Ultra in mid-1943. Speculating that hundreds if not thousands of good men killed, and months if not a year added to the horror of WWII. :mad2:

What you seem to be missing is that in this case there is absolutely NOTHING about what the general said that the world did not already know. Nothing,

So be mad all you want.

I'll just use your famous line.....whatev.

I still disagree with you. If you're playing blackjack and everyone knows that you count cards, it's still stupid to announce "I won by counting cards!" It messes with people's mind if you won't confirm how you beat them. If you hack a system by phishing and then reveal that you did it by phishing, then everyone will re-train and double-down on spotting phishing emails. Somebody obviously got sloppy and the probability that someone else will make the same mistake in the future is reduced by revealing this information. They may have had doubts before but now they don't. What was the point for the U.S.?

Back