Is this plane fake?

455 Bravo Uniform

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
455 Bravo Uniform
I see no control surfaces. Do the entire stabilizers and wings twist/move in this race plane?

9F5BFEDE-A30F-4D71-BBD6-C68CD7672F4C.jpeg

How do we know your picture is real and not Photoshop or some digital render?

Did you look close up? As far as I know, the Edge 540 has conventional ailerons and elevators.

Flies like an ultralight........ Lean this way, go that way. Pretty simple really. Human plum bob.......:rollercoaster:

ARF-EPP-F-EG540-32-RD_G_15.jpg

How do we know your picture is real and not Photoshop or some digital render?

You don’t. Just like me. I’m not real, just an online persona I made up (I’m actually 29 and live in my parent’s basement in Brooklyn...joke).

Naw...it’s actually at KIND, between the two concourses before security. They put it up leading up to the air race in October. I’m just usually in a hurry leaving town (I cut it close), and in a hurry to get back home. Last year I stopped and looked and was like WTF? This year I took a pic for you all.

That there is one step above @eman1200 ’s avatar of himself as a kid in that laundry basket plane thing. Real but fake.

I know the Reno guys are fanactical about gap-seals. I think some of them must have stock in 3M for all the expensive vinyl tape they use. But, I didn't think the Red Bull racers were all that worried about gaps. Especially they're never straight long enough build any speed. My guess is that aircraft has been made into a static display.

It’s like FireFox (Clint Eastwood’s Movie). The helmet can read your thoughts, but you have to think in Russian...

I’m seeing a narrow, full-span aileron and an elevator hanging down...not able to pick out the riser line, though.

Probably really good gap seals.

Of course it is fake...there is no oil dripping on the floor. duh.

...or is that just my plane?

Must be a taildragger pilot...thinks McDonalds is fine dining!

Back