• Yes, He Was WAY Out of Line

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters

Captain

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
First Officer
So I'm driving with a friend (acquaintance really) last summer. The windows are down and we pull up to an intersection. We are in the right lane and as we roll to a stop we are next to a car in the left lane with two teenage males. Their windows are down and rap music is BLASTING out of their car.

The base is full up and the beat is going through us...shaking everything in our car and making conversation impossible while we wait for the red light. Time dragged on. Finally, when the light turns green and we both start rolling forward my friend throws a crumpled up fast food bag full of wrappers into their car and makes a hard right turn. They continue straight never to be seen again.

I said, "OMG" to which he replied, "Hey, they littered in my car first!"

So...is this driver a jerk?

Last edited:
Since, based on past experience, you are likely withholding relevant information, I'll simply say "It depends".

This is aviation related how? :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol:

I wouldn't have thrown the paper in their car. Sure their music is noisy, but they can play it loud if they want to. Some cop is not going to pull them over for noisy music unless he has nothing better to do or they are just cruising around the same neighborhood over and over.

Edit: To answer your question, yes, that guy is a jerk. Also, the dudes with the loud music are kind of jerks, too.

You sure hang with some dumb$hlt$... Is this "really" a friend this time? Do we have to rehash the guilt by association angle?

Really, man, you need to find some new friends...

So I'm driving with a friend (acquaintance really) last summer. The windows are down and we pull up to an intersection. We are in the right lane and as we roll to a stop we are next to a car in the left lane with two teenage males. Their windows are down and rap music is BLASTING out of their car.

The base is full up and the beat is going through us...shaking everything in our car and making conversation impossible while we wait for the red light. Time dragged on. Finally, when the light turns green and we both start rolling forward my friend throws a crumpled up fast food bag full of wrappers into their car and makes a hard right turn. They continue straight never to be seen again.

Kinda, he is only reacting in kind in the only way he had available to him. So while yes it is a jerk maneuver, it was a socially justifiable and IMO meek and meager. Personally I would have deemed a 12 gauge to the dash and trunk socially justifiable.

I wouldn't have thrown the paper in their car. Sure their music is noisy, but they can play it loud if they want to. Some cop is not going to pull them over for noisy music unless he has nothing better to do or they are just cruising around the same neighborhood over and over.

Edit: To answer your question, yes, that guy is a jerk. Also, the dudes with the loud music are kind of jerks, too.

Depends on the jurisdiction.

Based on the information provided, your friend is an asshat. I predict a violent end. He also sounds about 17 years old.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2961175776_b341ca0fc5.jpg
    2961175776_b341ca0fc5.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 89
No, I'm here. What would you like me to say?

I said on the last post that I would have put a gun in his/her face. This time I would have pulled the trigger.

All joking aside I hope you are just making this crap up or you have some horrible friends. Kinda says a lot about you.

On second thought my friends have done a lot of dumb **** as well.

Last edited:
All,

Here's my take. The Internet is modern mans campfire. We sit around and tell stories and share ideas. We laugh cry and dance together and in today's high speed world where face to face contact with our neighbors is becoming scarcer and scarcer our modern 'camp fire' is all the more important.

I heard a wise man often say, "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story". Maybe my 'Is my friend a jerk' series isn't your cup of tea. That's okay. If it is then super. The intent is to spark discussion and judging from the jogger thread it has met that goal.

Relax, enjoy. My friends are just like you irl. Enjoy the camp fire...I know I do.

While I sympathize, two ****oles only makes a politician. They are definitely poster-child targets for focused EMP target practice...

Your both lucky .....I seen **** escalate from loud music-throwing something at the car to someone pulling a gun and someone dead.....some dude around the corner was stabbed and killed last week at his engagement party over something real stupid...just a shame

Your both lucky .....I seen **** escalate from loud music-throwing something at the car to someone pulling a gun and someone dead.....some dude around the corner was stabbed and killed last week at his engagement party over something real stupid...just a shame

Stupid people dying and killing each other isn't a shame, it's evolution.

I've never heard of Chopper Read. I suppose my guy could have been quoting your guy.

; )

I've never heard of Chopper Read. I suppose my guy could have been quoting your guy.

; )

Most famous hero in Australia next to 'mail box man' Ned Kelly.:rofl:

There is an acted movie called Chopper about him, and then there is a documentary with him in it, it is a MUST SEE!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:
This is probably the greatest and funniest documentary ever made on a psychopath. The dude is a riot and in person (I met him at a party in Melbourne) really is the nicest politest guy you'll meet under normal circumstances.

Last edited:
It's never wise to escalate nothing into something, especially when you don't know who you're dealing with.

-Rich

It's never wise to escalate nothing into something, especially when you don't know who you're dealing with.

-Rich

Yeah, let me know when wisdom runs as rampant in our society as ammunition out of guns. We don't teach wisdom in our society, we teach violence. Look at the media, what's the proportion of wisdom to violence? The best thing we can do at this point is to just take the violence to the next level so we can clear the way for the next evolutionary epoch as we've peaked.

MRE bomb, replace regular liquid with fox urine , toss and have a nice day.

Back