Is this a stupid question? TSA Pre-check

That's what I do. I figure if I have to do a lengthy security clearance check every 10 years, it may as well pay off somehow.

Yah, but the wife gets PO'd when I leave her behind at the security gate!

I've not seen any indication that security clearances even at the SCI levels make any different to the TSA. In fact, I've been throught the same silly TSA check several times: first for my DC-3 access, second for PreCheck, and third for a TWIC card. It doesn't appear that already being vetted even by the TSA itself gets you anything.

I've not seen any indication that security clearances even at the SCI levels make any different to the TSA. In fact, I've been throught the same silly TSA check several times: first for my DC-3 access, second for PreCheck, and third for a TWIC card. It doesn't appear that already being vetted even by the TSA itself gets you anything.

Nope. They don't talk to each other. Which is funny if you don't let it annoy you.

Yes you have to do the background and interview for Pre Check (at least I did. But maybe I look shifty...).

I did Pre check and wish I'd done Global Entry as I've done more international travel since then that I'd done ever before. Oh well...

A little trick if you have Global Entry or TSA-Pre and don't get you ticket stamped. Just go to another agent, tell them you didn't get Pre and ask them to re-issue / re-print the ticket. You almost always get Pre the second time. Another genius move by our illustrious and ever so intelligent leaders. On the 2 occasions I didn't get Pre on the first ticket, I got it when it was re-printed.

Back