Is this a good deal?

Retail is $629. If what they said is true and there is no scam then yes it is a good deal. It will run Foreflight perfectly and has an internal gps installed (again, if the ad is honest.)

Yes. 16GB storage will be a bit limiting if you do other things on it.

Normally $629. That's a hefty discount.

Yes. 16GB storage will be a bit limiting if you do other things on it.

Normally $629. That's a hefty discount.

A lot of other things. I have a 64gb model and yet am only using 17gb currently, that is with three pages of apps (two of which are very large), 1200 songs, three med res movies, about 200 photos and several states worth of Foreflight data loaded.

I have a 16 gb iPhone and so long as I don't keep more than one movie loaded at a time I've been fine even with over a thousand songs and Foreflight and TomTom (large) loaded.

Keep in mind the true capacity of a 16GB is not 16GB after iOS is loaded. iOS 5 will be bigger than iOS 4, guaranteed.

My "64GB" is really a 59.2 GB iPad. (With 13.4 GB free right now.)

A lot of other things. I have a 64gb model and yet am only using 17gb currently, that is with three pages of apps (two of which are very large), 1200 songs, three med res movies, about 200 photos and several states worth of Foreflight data loaded.

I have a 16 gb iPhone and so long as I don't keep more than one movie loaded at a time I've been fine even with over a thousand songs and Foreflight and TomTom (large) loaded.

It's best not to fill it to the rim... At least for hard drives, not sure if solid state suffers the same degredation as hard drives do when they get filled. I think ForeFlight recommends at least the 32GB model. But yeah, that's a deal if it's real.

Tons of these on Craigslist lately.
Scams.
They all are selling for 2-300 less than ebay prices and all include a case and screen protectors. And, no phone numbers.
The original ad the op is asking about actually has a phone number, so more legit. But, still, too cheap to be real. Maybe someone trying to get you to meet them with cash then a robbery?

Tons of these on Craigslist lately.
Scams.
They all are selling for 2-300 less than ebay prices and all include a case and screen protectors. And, no phone numbers.
The original ad the op is asking about actually has a phone number, so more legit. But, still, too cheap to be real. Maybe someone trying to get you to meet them with cash then a robbery?

I called on it, (local number) it is real, it's a "2" and it is still for sale. kid wants a 64gb

What is the best alternative to the I-pad 2

I see a few that exceed the features of the Ipad, at half the cost.

What is the best alternative to the I-pad 2

I see a few that exceed the features of the Ipad, at half the cost.

I'm an Android fan and was holding out for a Xoom or similar successor. Then I saw ForeFlight. Since they don't appear to have any plans to support Android I gave in, ran out and bought an iPad 2. I'm not a huge Apple fan but must admit the iPad is a compelling device and I am a HUGE fan of ForeFlight.

I will still get an Android tablet when one matches the iPad for at least a third less money. Today, they're priced too close to the iPad and most people will opt for the industry standard device (iPad) if the price is the same or even close.

BTW I have seen some no-name Android tablets for $100-200. Once those have names people recognize on them they will sell like hotcakes.

Back