Is this 310 a good deal?

austin757

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
aj757
30725305_10215817968707369_643730097756438528_n.jpg
Selling for $45k

I don’t think it is a bad price. I sold a 56 with very low time engines for 33k. The Riley is worth something and the avionics are marginally better than what I had.

Maybe you have done this, but you really need to figure out how you are going to fly it. I would have kept mine, but to fly ifr, it needs an avionics upgrade. I could not see doing that I. A plane with no autopilot.

I just purchased a new 310q, over two times the cost of this one, but it has colemill 300hp engines 530/430, Stec 55, boots and alcohol windshield, much nicer interior, jpi, shadin, stormscope, xm, etc.

The first plane was a trainer/time builder and was perfect for that. The second one is a all weather traveling machine.

The plane you posted would have fit my first mission, but not my second mission. If you want it to do both, you may want to spen a little more up front if that fits your budget.

Jim

Airframe wise, the only functional difference in terms of mx is the augmenter tubes, correct? It's still a 250/hr airplane though, just like the 310s 3 times its sales price. I suppose 80 AMUs buys a lot of fuel and mx.

I looked at the damage history. Is this still a concern if it was repaired and had gone through a few annuals since then? First time airplane buyer and am trying not to buy junk. Thanks

I looked at the damage history. Is this still a concern if it was repaired and had gone through a few annuals since then? First time airplane buyer and am trying not to buy junk. Thanks

IMO, the damage/repair should indicate to you the need for a thorough pre-purchase inspection by a knowledgeable individual to determine the quality of the repair.

That history may be a factor in the asking price.

Does any recommend a 310 expert that I can bring for a pre buy or maybe one close by in Nevada where the plane is?

Not close but Tas Aviation in Defiance Ohio are well known twin Cessna experts and good people.

Back