Is there...

Jay Honeck

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jay Honeck
...any way to search for POA users by geographic area?

For example, "POA users in Iowa"? or "POA users who live in Houston"?

This would be most helpful when buying a new plane, when we are looking for someone in the area to lay hands on it -- that sort of thing.

Example: Right now I'm looking at a classic car located in Greene, Iowa, which appears to be three miles past "the middle of nowhere". If I could search POA users by state, I might find someone nearby who would be willing to have a look at it.

Nope. Just gotta start a thread. Somebody will pop up.

Okay, thanks. Seems like a pretty simple functionality to add in Version 2.0. Just a simple database search!
I think it's a better idea to simply post the location and let people volunteer.

I think it's a better idea to simply post the location and let people volunteer.

Agree. I'd rather not be poked by lazy strangers just because of where I live.

If you don't know me well enough to have some idea where I live and whether I'd be interested in taking on your project, then I'd likely rather not be bothered by you.
Which is not to say I wouldn't volunteer if a post went up.

Maybe a new members map, then? Something we could tell at a glance where everyone is?

Where would this map come from? What's wrong with the existing map?

Your "new map" still wouldn't/couldn't show where everyone is - only where those who choose to share a location say they are.

Where would this map come from? What's wrong with the existing map?

Your "new map" still wouldn't/couldn't show where everyone is - only where those who choose to share a location say they are.

Is there an existing map? The link I was given (in another thread) was so dead that the URL is for sale.

Is there an existing map? The link I was given (in another thread) was so dead that the URL is for sale.

Yes.
Did you go to the thread linked to above?
Did you read the first post in that thread? You know, the post with the link to the member map?

Yes.
Did you go to the thread linked to above?
Did you read the first post in that thread? You know, the post with the link to the member map?
Did you read my response? That URL is so dead that it's for sale. lol

Everskywards URL is the new one.

Did you read my response? That URL is so dead that it's for sale. lol

Everskywards URL is the new one.

Yes.
And the link that Mari posted can be found in the first post of the thread pointed out by Mtns

Yes.
And the link that Mari posted can be found in the first post of the thread pointed out by Mtns
Ah, I see now. When I clicked that link, it opened up to the 18th page of the thread -- which is where the dead link is posted.

I would not have thought to look 18 pages back. And if I had, I would not have expected that someone had edited a newer map into it!

But either way, thanks, FWIW. Sadly, if it's not linked to POA that map will never be of much use, since people drift in and out, and few know of it...

But either way, thanks, FWIW. Sadly, if it's not linked to POA that map will never be of much use, since people drift in and out, and few know of it...
Well, if it's not of much use then why did you take the time to spam it with information on your business? Last time I looked it was titled "PoA members map" and not "PoA members and free advertising for their businesses map."

But, as we've all come to learn, you're the grand master of spamming every corner of this forum with your advertisements.

Ah, I see now. When I clicked that link, it opened up to the 18th page of the thread -- which is where the dead link is posted.

I would not have thought to look 18 pages back. And if I had, I would not have expected that someone had edited a newer map into it!

Actually the old link was on page 1 and the new one was at the end of the thread...

Speaking of location. Any chance we could get the HOME BASE field restored to the block under the poster's avatar?

Well, if it's not of much use then why did you take the time to spam it with information on your business? Last time I looked it was titled "PoA members map" and not "PoA members and free advertising for their businesses map."

But, as we've all come to learn, you're the grand master of spamming every corner of this forum with your advertisements.
What's funny is I don't remember adding that. In fact, I don't remember ever visiting the new map until yesterday.

Not saying I didn't -- I often do things in my sleep -- but I was as surprised to see the hotel there as you were! lol

Back