Is there such a tool...

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
...as a corded/cordless drill? Cordless is great for drilling, turning screws, etc. but these days there are other uses such as polishing and I've even seen airplane tug devices powered by drills, and it would seem those uses would be much better with a cord.

Is there one drill that can do it all?

I would think that using a corded drill for an airplane tug device would rather limit the range.

~ Christopher

I would think that using a corded drill for an airplane tug device would rather limit the range.

~ Christopher

Don't tell my father that...he made me use a corded lawn mower. You just have to buy more cord!

For my cordless tools I have two batteries each. One in use/one charging.

I think that is as close as you will get to a corded/cordless drill.

For my cordless tools I have two batteries each. One in use/one charging.

I think that is as close as you will get to a corded/cordless drill.

Yeah, but if you're doing such duty-cycle-busting work, won't the batteries be depleted a lot faster than they charge?

Kent,

They did have one out on the market it was at Home Depot. I thought it would be a good idea to have it so I was thinking of inventing it. Then I was walking through HD and there it was someone already did it. Crap, well no rich life for me lol.

If you want one I would look at HD see if it is still around. It came in a pack with a drill light and something else.

Last edited:
The only one I've seen (and purchased) was a B&D unit that was OK for bench stuff, but lousy for field work (like what you need to do) because the charger was integrated into the cord...it was clunky.

The only one I've seen (and purchased) was a B&D unit that was OK for bench stuff, but lousy for field work (like what you need to do) because the charger was integrated into the cord...it was clunky.

I just looked on Black and Decker's site and couldn't find such a thing. :dunno:

I just wanted to see how clunky it was I guess. ;)

They did have one out on the market it was at Home Depot. I thought it would be a good idea to have it so I was thinking of inventing it. Then I was walking through HD and there it was someone already did it. Crap, well no rich life for me lol.

If you want one I would look at HD see if it is still around. It came in a pack with a drill light and something else.

Any idea what brand it was? Maybe that Black and Decker mentioned below?

...as a corded/cordless drill? Cordless is great for drilling, turning screws, etc. but these days there are other uses such as polishing and I've even seen airplane tug devices powered by drills, and it would seem those uses would be much better with a cord.

Is there one drill that can do it all?

The tug powered by a drill uses a cordless drill.

What I don't get is all of those guys on TV using the cordless drills to drive screws. I think they're too fast and hard to control for driving screws.

I have a Milwaukee cordless screwdriver. I got a new Milwaukee cordless drill kit, which I'm loving, and I have my Milwaukee Hole Shooter right-drive hammer-drill from my contracting days. I think the corded drill may get lonely, except for masonry or right-angle stud cutting work.

I use mine for driving screws all the time - no problems at all.

Back