Is there any way to.....

Aztec Driver

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Bryon
...... find out the date stamp for the Google satellite images? Is there any other site out there that is better at satellite imagery? (that one doesn't have to pay for!)

mapquest has better detail for some areas than google does.

The google sat photo of 6Y9 blows donkey.
The mapquest sat photo we can see the venting on the roof of the school, and the yellow cones. Not sure on the dates though, the lack of runway improvements in the photos at 6Y9 indicate they were taken previous to 2006.

The pictures on Google Earth showing my house is at least 3 years old. We completely re-did the landscaping two summers ago and the old landscaping, including stuff torn out in November 2004, is clearly visible.

Now, can I date the actual photo? Not that I know of.

You will rarely find better photos than at local.live.com (yes, a Microsoft product I can endorse!!)

As for the timestamp? They used to be included in each square mile somewhere on Google. I think they dropped it a year ago or so. There's gotta be a way to find it...

You will rarely find better photos than at local.live.com (yes, a Microsoft product I can endorse!!)

I have seen many instances where local.live.com has better imagery as well.

Interesting. Now I know where zillow.com gets their birds eye view pictures. Same pictures of my house as on that site. Cool.

Back