Is there a user guide that explains how the new software is supposed to work?

kontiki

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Kontiki
Been looking for how to post a quote for 10 minutes. All wasted time today.

Yes. I found quote tags but with unpredictable cut, copy, paste, at least with keyboard hot keys, what do you do with them? Scrape and paste and maybe see it? I figured I'd avoid a morning of software experimentation and look for a user guide.

Yes. I found quote tags but with unpredictable cut, copy, paste, at least with keyboard hot keys, what do you do with them? Scrape and paste and maybe see it? I figured I'd avoid a morning of software experimentation and look for a user guide.
You can do three things. 1) paste what you want to quote into the box and then highlight it with your mouse and hit the quote button. 2) Hit the quote button (which just inserts the quote tags into the box for you) and then paste your quote between them or 3) type the quote tags into the box yourself

Thanks Jason, I had no clue. Reply did the job. I was looking for a help button or a readme not a sticky. I'm a dinosaur that misses the simple days of an apache list serv.

Thanks Jason, I had no clue. Reply did the job. I was looking for a help button or a readme not a sticky. I'm a dinosaur that misses the simple days of an apache list serv.
Ah! Now I see.

But kontiki had a legitimate question. Whatever the problem, is there an online or downloadable "how to use"? For each nagging little problem to have to post a "what is wrong here" is wasteful of YOUR time in having to answer these nagging little problems.

But kontiki had a legitimate question. Whatever the problem, is there an online or downloadable "how to use"? For each nagging little problem to have to post a "what is wrong here" is wasteful of YOUR time in having to answer these nagging little problems.
I posted the link to the thread in my first response to his question. It's impossible for us to think of everything but we started a thread that contained a good start.

I posted the link to the thread in my first response to his question. It's impossible for us to think of everything but we started a thread that contained a good start.

Well, what you posted is NOT at the top of any thread that I can find, and what you posted is a simple FAQ. That isn't a user's guide but if that is all that is available, then so be it. When might a user's guide be available? You'd think that the folks that you bought the software from would have such a thing.

Thanks,

Jim

Well, what you posted is NOT at the top of any thread that I can find, and what you posted is a simple FAQ. That isn't a user's guide but if that is all that is available, then so be it. When might a user's guide be available? You'd think that the folks that you bought the software from would have such a thing.

You're pining for a long-gone era in software, Jim. Hell, we kept the bound Informix books on the shelf for ten years after IBM bought them because they weren't available anymore, and that was once $10K a copy.

Not going to get any real manuals out of software companies anymore. They don't exist. You might get lucky and get a PDF Users Guide that doesn't cover administration or maintenance, and the daily Change Log for the stupid never-ending updates.

Back