is there a purpose to wearing a flight suit in GA?

We have no such silly mandate here, and plenty of mountainous terrain. Do zoom bags magically repel trees coming into contact with Cessnas? Heh.

A member of my squadron was badly burned on the parts of his body not covered by nomex, due to a crash in the Sierras. If he had burned like that over his whole body, I don't know if he would have survived.

California inside CAP does odd things, which pretty much matches what California does in the real world also. Texas also does some odd things also.

As long as they seem to be getting their Congressional mandate done, it probably isn't causing anyone outside the Region even a minute's heartburn. The rest of us do reserve the right to scoff from afar.

Doesn't really make it any less dumb, but hey, they like zoom bags, whatever...

You're entitled to your opinion.

Speaking as a guy who wore flight suits for many years, I always thought they were utilitarian and just another cockpit tool. The pockets were well placed, and even when you had your survival vest buckled up you could reach most anything you had stashed away. I have probably half a dozen stashed someplace, but have never worn one flying GA. My ego can survive on memories. :D

Back