Is the method of control a deal breaker?

The push button 727s worked just fine, I had a 63 IIRC Savoy with 413 Max Stage II wedge with the cross ram an push button, I used to run it doen the track in the high 13s with street tires. Big lead sled.

Yep! Get some revs on the engine, then push the button a fraction of a second before the tree turns green. Those old Torqueflight transmissions could take a beating!

-Skip

I can tell you I have flown stick, yoke and side stick and I do not have a real preference. As for my personal favourite I like flying the low and slow type planes (sight seeing is one of my favourite pastimes) with a stick just because the control inputs and the various pressures in flight that you get from this type of aircraft.

Now when it comes to travelling I want something I can trim out and relax so that I can eat my sandwich and Pepsi.

Nah, I've pretty much flown every current iteration of control position, and if I liked the aircraft, which one it had would not deter me from that plane.

The car makers are even worse, putting stuff where it doesn't belong. I rented a PT Cruiser at the aviation appraisers' seminar last month, and would have never gotten the window open at the check-out booth if the woman hadn't yelled "THEY ARE ON THE DASH!" at the top of her voice.

Who the hell ever heard of putting electric window controls there?

yep - the PT cruiser is a horrible car.

Now when it comes to travelling I want something I can trim out and relax so that I can eat my sandwich and Pepsi.

Dr. Pepper for me, but definitely +1. :)

Back