Is that a Citabria?

It looks like it.

And, Heather Locklear is hotter today than back then! :yes:

Super Decathlon. The N number, 1230E, is no longer valid, but in the last frame you can see the symmetrical airfoil.

Super Decathlon. The N number, 1230E, is no longer valid, but in the last frame you can see the symmetrical airfoil.
I looked up the N number too and couldn't find it. My guess would also have been the Decathlon from looking at the wing.

I don't believe I would like anyone hanging on to my struts like that. :no:

I liked the Citabria in the movie "Always". :)

OH, were we done talking about Citabrias? :redface:

So funny. Adrian Zmed was a year behind me in high school.

Did they ever learn that the doors to the cars were on the side and not above the hood? :D

I never watched TJ. I remember the day I channel surfed to CSPAN to see Shatner testifying before a congressional committee on some issue, twice showing pointless video clips from TJ Hooker. He was an expert, see, because they did a show on it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm never speaking to you again....
That was before I knew they named guys "Jan." It must be a Northern European thing. They probably grow up to fly Saabs. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
If the professor could make a radio out of a coconut how come he couldn't repair a couple holes in a wooden boat?

W\hat's funny is if you watch clips of the original pilot and the original theme song they mention that Thurston Howell and his wife only packed enough clothes for a short trip (why would you pack ANY clothes for a three hour tour?) They musta dropped THAT idea like a hot potato, 'cause as we all know Lovie and Ginger had enough outfits on the island to last years.

If the professor could make a radio out of a coconut how come he couldn't repair a couple holes in a wooden boat?
In the pilot, they made breakfast the next day (pancakes) and made syrup from the sap of a tree. The syrup turned out to have wonderful gluelike properties and so they used it to glue patches onto the boat. Then it all suddenly sprang apart and the Minnow was reduced to nothing but the helm wheel.

God, I can't believe I know this.

Then it all suddenly sprang apart and the Minnow was reduced to nothing but the helm wheel.

God, I can't believe I know this.

I love how in the opening the boat tossed in the waves isn't even close to the same boat shown going out of the harbor or on the beachside. And that spinning helm wheel, it looks like a decorative wheel bolted to a wooden fence...

Of course the theme keeps repeating with Tom Hanks Cast Away and Lost...

Cast Away should have been named "You Lying *****!"

She said she couldn't marry him, but in the 4 years he was gone she had time to get over him, date, marry, and have a 2 year old?

Cast Away should have been named "You Lying *****!"

She said she couldn't marry him, but in the 4 years he was gone she had time to get over him, date, marry, and have a 2 year old?

Geez, Ed, coffee a little extra bitter this morning? :rofl:

I love how in the opening the boat tossed in the waves isn't even close to the same boat shown going out of the harbor or on the beachside. And that spinning helm wheel, it looks like a decorative wheel bolted to a wooden fence...

Of course the theme keeps repeating with Tom Hanks Cast Away and Lost...

I read a few pages of Bob Denver's book in a Barney Noble. He writes how wasteful and dumb the producers were. They bought a boat as salvage, tore the hole in the hull, and THEN had the hull lifted onto a barge and towed to the beach set for the shot. It never occurred to them that they could have towed the boat itself while it had a viable hull. :dunno:

They must have used another boat for the early shots of the boarding and cruising on the S.S. (?!) Minnow.

Back