Is Planet of the Apes Real?

We are on a Planet of the Apes alternative time line!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NordicDave

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
NordicDave
Reading the AOPA story on the new Switchblade flying car... The ship looked very familiar.

Switchblade Ship from OSH 2018
0724_airventure_tuesday_0724_4023_16x9.jpg

Planet of the Apes Ship
ESCAPEFINISHEDMYERS.jpg

Dunno about that ape movie. But more and more, I think the movie Idiocracy is really likely to happen.

This is based on many of the folk I who call me or help with their car.

Them: "I need a taillight for my 2006 Mustang"

Me: "Driver or Passenger side?"

Them: "Uhhhhh... Driver"

Me (being a smart ass): "Okay. And is this for the 2-door or 4-door 2006 Mustang?"

Them: "Uhhhhhh... Can you check to see if you have either one?"

Them: "I found your info on Google, do you have what I need for my car?"

I do, and I provide details, guarantee info, and price.

Them: "okay. How do I get to your place."

Me: "Our Google listing You found has a map. You can use that and your Apple or Android phone will bring you here."

Them: (after a 10 second silence) "I don't know how to find that, can I just get the address?"
Maybe I should hand them a can of Brawndo with their invoice and part.

The 1st is still my favorite. The follow on movies get a bit out there.

OBTW, that flying car is nonsense.

Saw the first,like the car concept.

I have the deep-seated suspicion that the car will fly about as well as the spaceship from the movie.

Hey @Mike Smith pancake breakfast at 08A tomorrow at 8 am. I'm loaded with students tomorrow or would have flown down. Maybe I can talk one into a XC lol.

This was my favorite scene. The trial court:

mystic+apes.jpg

Could be the Santa Clara County Airport Commission listening to facts of why not to close KRHV Reid Hillview, one of the busiest GA airports in the country.

Hey @Mike Smith pancake breakfast at 08A tomorrow at 8 am. I'm loaded with students tomorrow or would have flown down. Maybe I can talk one into a XC lol.

Yeah, i believe @Hank S is flying in and I’m driving over. Let me know what time if you come and I’ll try to be there.

Yeah, i believe @Hank S is flying in and I’m driving over. Let me know what time if you come and I’ll try to be there.

If tomorrow's weather is like today, I'll definitely fly my Mooney Ranger. If it's like yesterday, I'll probably arrive by Ford Ranger.

The hard part will be finding the food, but I'm usually pretty good at that! 0830-ish, probably.

See ya'll there! No monkey suit, though . . . . :eek: :happydance:

To no one particular "THAT"S RACIST!!" that is all. ;)

I did; my parents sent us kids to it so they could get some "alone time". They didn't know it was violent and scary!
I'm sorry to hear that your parents "alone time" was violent and scary. I hope that didn't scar you for life too much.

So they build a ship like this:

ESCAPEFINISHEDMYERS.jpg

But furniture and court paraphernalia like this:

mystic+apes.jpg

I think those monkeys have their priorities fouled up.

ESCAPEFINISHEDMYERS.jpg

mystic+apes.jpg

That's because they are monkeys!!! Geez, whadaya expect? It's not like they are people . . . . They put people in cages.

ESCAPEFINISHEDMYERS.jpg

mystic+apes.jpg

Actually the truth is.... The original film was an advanced 30th century modern futuristic society run my monkeys. 20th Century Fox was cash strapped and could not afford the elaborate sets. Instead the story line was changed to have the Apes live in a more primitive non-technologically advance civilization to make the set costs more affordable. The cost difference was dramatic.

Charleston Heston had a personal rule, of NEVER doing sequels. His good friend and 20th Century Fox studio chief Darryl Zanuck, begged Heston to do the Ape's sequel. Heston eventually agreed; but only if he appeared in 1 scene, was paid scale wages, and his fee was donated to charity. Zanuck agreed. He later asked Heston if he would do 2 half scenes instead, and Heston begrudgingly agreed. That's why you see Heston in a few minutes of the beginning and end of the second movie.

His appearance in the sequel was a personal favor to Zanuck to save the studio. True story.

Last edited:
So your saying the Mokeys did it better than us???? Time for that Alpha Omega Bomb!! Cue the Church of the Divine Bomb!

Back