Is my QT Halo headset broken?

RocktheWings

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
RocktheWings
Been using a Zulu 3 for awhile now, but pulled my QT Halo out of retirement for a passenger and noticed the plugs looked like this:

upload_2021-5-30_15-48-1.png

They worked fined, but it appears one of the plugs is missing that tip piece. Just checking with others to see if that's in fact true, maybe its a weird design where it's supposed to look like that. If not any ideas for a quick fix?

That's broken. Pretty easy fix if you are handy with a soldering gun and have the correct replacement part ...

Depending on how long you've had them the company might repair them for free or a very low cost.

I have the Clarity Aloft headsets and they repaired mine for free even when out of warranty!

That's broken. Pretty easy fix if you are handy with a soldering gun and have the correct replacement part ...

Thanks that's what I figured, any idea what that part is called? I might just reach out to the QT guy and see if can be repaired.

I love those things. I had a series of Lightspeeds. I hate batteries. They always leak and destroy things. Worse, there are places that fix them, but there are no more cords.

I have the exact same issue with my QT Halos. I think they can't transmit on the radio when you press the push-to-talk. I think the tip screws on.

Edit: the repair cost is usually $100.

Back