Is It Possible?

OtisAir

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
OtisAir
Is it possible to have the "where I've flown" maps as part of the left avatar area but not be the primary avatar? Perhaps we pick an avatar and then have the opportunity to put in a map gif as well.

Just a thought.

BTW, the board is great! Thanks for its' fine upkeep!

Possibly - I'd need to know more about the map system. Got a link I can look at?

Thanks Chuck,

Its the map shot that many folks use here on the board:

http://www.epgsoft.com/VisitedStatesMap/

Your members would have to create their own map choosing the locations that they'd been (perhaps as part of their profile or something) and then (if they wanted to) have the opportunity to place the map under their chosen avatar.

Perhaps there won't be any interest, but wanted to ask.

Thanks

Hmm. I'm not keen on how it builds the map. It makes a URL about 3 miles long, and you have to update it every time you add a state.

Hmm. I'm not keen on how it builds the map. It makes a URL about 3 miles long, and you have to update it every time you add a state.

But, it could be downloaded after creation and uploaded to PoA as "flyingcheesehead-map.jpg" or something like that.

Of course, even better would be for there to be a section in the User CP where PoA could keep track of states, and when it's updated, the PoA server would automatically do the grab. However, that would preclude cool animated maps like mine. :D

But, it could be downloaded after creation and uploaded to PoA as "flyingcheesehead-map.jpg" or something like that.

Of course, even better would be for there to be a section in the User CP where PoA could keep track of states, and when it's updated, the PoA server would automatically do the grab. However, that would preclude cool animated maps like mine. :D

Feel free to write the code to do that and submit it to our Technical Administrator for review. ;)

Back