Is it Just Me? A Controller Question. Sorry, lengthy.

They train controllers here.

I've said it before, I'll say it again...EVERY ATC facility is a training facility. New controllers train until they're rated, then they train other new controllers. When they go to another facility, the process starts all over again. Its been that way since ATC began.

I've said it before, I'll say it again...EVERY ATC facility is a training facility. New controllers train until they're rated, then they train other new controllers. When they go to another facility, the process starts all over again. Its been that way since ATC began.

Thanks, did not know that. I figured we were “special” here, with the large volume of student pilot antics helping shape and mold good student controllers.

Thanks, did not know that. I figured we were “special” here, with the large volume of student pilot antics helping shape and mold good student controllers.

Nearly every towered field I've been to, I've heard some pilot/line guy/service manager make the same claim. I assume its because at some point there was a mistake made, and it was blamed on the trainee at the time.

I don't use VFR ATC services often, but when I do . . .

Two recent tower encounters that have me wondering: Why do tower controllers seem to make their own lives harder?

The overall quality of ATC has dropped considerably over the past decade or so.

I continue to be impressed with Potomac TRACON, especially the women who work on the weekends. I'd like to Brasher them!

We work the pants off the controllers at Palo Alto Tower. Not to say that there isn't an occasional misstep, but overall the skill level they have developed is amazing!

A couple times a year I'll wake up in the middle of the night, screaming and covered in sweat.

It is a dream I have that I am being forced to be a controller...

Back