Is Dan Gryder the biggest asset to aviation on youtube?

You mean like this, right?

New in the industry?

First-Time-meme-template-of-The-Ballad-of-Buster-Scruggs-1024x576.jpg

If you support the FAA, you just haven’t been around enough yet

I was at an event with him one time and everybody was partying and having a good old time and I said well boys I need to check out I've got to go study the NOTAM as we were flying into Oshkosh the next day.

He said why would anybody want to read that NOTAM? 15 mi out just call in and say you're a media flight and they'll clear you straight in for three six.

I said no, I'll just go to my hotel and study the booklet. He repeatedly insisted I need not waste my time with it.

This is the only story I'm willing to share. But this and multiple other things I know and I've seen personally lead me to believe the very last thing he's concerned about is safety in aviation at all.

He cancelled that aviation event he had under the guise that fuel prices were so high people wouldn't turn out. In reality he burned every single bridge that he built his brand on initially by bullying people into trying to go after AOPA and other organizations that he's ****ed off at.

People buy into it though so he's a good self marketer.

...People buy into it though so he's a good self marketer.

I'm leaning towards the majority of his fan base are not aviation people, and the majority of aviation people know he's a tool. well, at least the smart ones.

but I don't think it takes an aviation person OR a non-aviation person to spot a tool, and to me, it doesn't take more than one or two videos to see what a tool he is.

People buy into it though so he's a good self marketer.
Many years ago, I got into a fight with a guy in Austin who had a relatively unknown show on Austin Access TV. I asked him if he really believed anything he said on TV and he started screaming at me, telling people I was an undercover police officer. I couldn't say anything, he would just scream over me.

On his show, he would tell stories of the police following him in black helicopters (Austin PD had no helicopters at this time), following him in unmarked cars, pulling his girlfriend over for no reason, etc. He once pretended to steal a DVD from a video store, then locked himself in his car and waited for the police to arrive. He videoed them breaking his window to get him out, saying he'd done nothing wrong and they were just harassing him. He would show up at events where the police or military would bring equipment to show kids, get on a bullhorn and start telling people they were indoctrinating the kids, getting them used to seeing military around so they wouldn't be scared when the new world order took over.

He was an idiot back then, and he's an idiot now, but he has a lot of followers who will believe anything he says. He is Alex Jones. Saying stupid things you don't really believe, like saying children weren't really killed at Sandy Hook, gets you great ratings. These guys are all the same.

The other very scary thing is this new normal nonsense of any one who doesn’t agree with the echo chamber must be a “bot” or some Russian spy, because that’s some how easier for people to believe than other people don’t share their echo chamber ideas

Crazy times man, crazy times

Oddly prophetic. :D

Many years ago, I got into a fight with a guy in Austin who had a relatively unknown show on Austin Access TV. I asked him if he really believed anything he said on TV and he started screaming at me, telling people I was an undercover police officer. I couldn't say anything, he would just scream over me.

On his show, he would tell stories of the police following him in black helicopters (Austin PD had no helicopters at this time), following him in unmarked cars, pulling his girlfriend over for no reason, etc. He once pretended to steal a DVD from a video store, then locked himself in his car and waited for the police to arrive. He videoed them breaking his window to get him out, saying he'd done nothing wrong and they were just harassing him. He would show up at events where the police or military would bring equipment to show kids, get on a bullhorn and start telling people they were indoctrinating the kids, getting them used to seeing military around so they wouldn't be scared when the new world order took over.

He was an idiot back then, and he's an idiot now, but he has a lot of followers who will believe anything he says. He is Alex Jones. Saying stupid things you don't really believe, like saying children weren't really killed at Sandy Hook, gets you great ratings. These guys are all the same.
I immediately knew exactly who you were taking about because I lived in Austin when he was just a local kook. I never understood how anyone took him seriously.

Last edited:
I immediately knew exactly who you were taking about because I lived in Austin when he was just a local kook. I never understood how anyone took him seriously.

He’s out there, but he’s also opened people eyes to some nonsense in government, funny how many things he said came to light as true post government covid

But DG and AJ have some similarities in that they are right just often enough in an apparently semi-profound way, that it's hard for the shallow to totally dismiss other concerns they have.

But DG and AJ have some similarities in that they are right just often enough in an apparently semi-profound way, that it's hard for the shallow to totally dismiss other concerns they have.

Much better batting average than CNN MSN FOX or the whitehouse press

What was Jones or Gryder ever right about that wasn't common knowledge?

What was Jones or Gryder ever right about that wasn't common knowledge?

Gryder hit the nail on the head on the DHC3 crash and some of his training methods as well as some other crashes

Jones was right about some stuff like sorros messing with the Thai currency, and his distrust of China before covid, you don’t get deplatformed from all of big tech because your always wrong, you get fully censored because you’re right on a few sour subjects for them

Gryder hit the nail on the head on the DHC3 crash and some of his training methods as well as some other crashes

Jones was right about some stuff like sorros messing with the Thai currency, and his distrust of China before covid, you don’t get deplatformed from all of big tech because your always wrong, you get fully censored because you’re right on a few sour subjects for them
You are awesome. I mean Dan is awesome.

Watched about 20 minutes of him once. As I recall he stood in a field, weeks after the crash, had it all figured right out and the FAA or NTSB didn’t know jack. What a D. B.!

what nail was that? He was completely wrong on the Seattle crash- jackscrew came apart; nothing to do with the trim tab like he speculated. I wasn’t a fan and never watched, but due to my involvement with otters over the years, and hearing lots of talk about that vid, I watched that one. I was beyond blown away at his arrogance, and insistence that his blatant speculations were fact. The first line- “I’m gonna tell you what happened”- rubbed me wrong and it went downhill from there…

"appeared pro se"

Not a smart plan when more than about $1000 is at risk...

The open question is whether he walked into court thinking he had everything figured out and he was going to win... Or whether he walked in knowing he was screwed, so why add legal fees to the mix...

Back