Is Dan Gryder the biggest asset to aviation on youtube?

I'm sorry I removed your imitation of high school girls gossiping, because it was kinda funny coming from a guy who claims to be all manly, but it was a long quote and I didn't feel like removing the extra spaces between the lines.

The problem is not that he dramatizes things. It's not that he occasionally makes mistakes. It's that he portrays himself to people who don't know better as if he never dramatizes things and doesn't make mistakes. He puts himself forth as the source of factual information, when in reality, he's simply another youtube personality, doing everything for clicks and giggles.

And yes, it would be easier if I didn't have to watch news or anything, but I can't be everywhere. And besides, I'm not dumb enough to think I don't have a bias. I would never advise anyone to take what I say as absolute truth, even if they know me and know that I am a generally decent person. It's called "trust but verify"...or as my dad used to quote to me, "In God we trust...all others we monitor".

He’s filming it in a bedroom from a webcam with a silly hat on, if someone views him as the word of god they are already screwed in life lol

That's quite a judgmental statement from someone ranting on others for judging ... :dunno:

I will stick to that particular judgement on those who cry “bot” or “Russian spy’s” at the drop of a hat

He’s filming it in a bedroom from a webcam with a silly hat on, if someone views him as the word of God they are already screwed in life lol

I have always seen him in a button up shirt and a ball cap. While he's not in a fancy studio, I haven't seen many streamers/content creators that are, nor do I care if what they are transmitting follows rules of evidence and logic. He follows neither, and pretends he does. That is just about my entire beef with him.

As it seems rather pointless to continue this argument, I hope you have fun watching him, and I hope you or your loved ones never have to watch a video that he makes about you.

I have always seen him in a button up shirt and a ball cap. While he's not in a fancy studio, I haven't seen many streamers/content creators that are, nor do I care if what they are transmitting follows rules of evidence and logic. He follows neither, and pretends he does. That is just about my entire beef with him.

As it seems rather pointless to continue this argument, I hope you have fun watching him, and I hope you or your loved ones never have to watch a video that he makes about you.

I’m not too worried about it

I hope no one’s loved ones have to watch them take the word of ANYONE off YouTube/TV as gospel, that’s worse than death

I don’t know those words, but they sound very trendy, gas lights, white knights, it sounds like a fun fantasy book and it also does go to show my point in people communicating differently
I would suggest looking up those words rather than arguing from a position of ignorance.

Seems lots of people hate on that guy, which I find funny, yeah occasionally he’s wrong, so?

You have, again, misrepresented why people don't like him. It's not that he's occasionally wrong. It's that he's habitually wrong.

I think it's funny that someone registered on PoA to defend Dan Gryder, but by necro-ing the thread all he's really done is restart the conversation about what a complete toolbag Dan is! :p

You have, again, misrepresented why people don't like him. It's not that he's occasionally wrong. It's that he's habitually wrong.

I don’t watch much YouTube, normally I’ll just get it playing some music and turn the monitor off with my speakers on

However from the videos I have seen, he was pretty on point, as a seaplane guy his analysis of the Washington DHC3 crash was right on the money, his report of some idiot who thought installing a smoke stack in-front of a airport that some poor girl hit was pretty good, his training method for GA was good, again I don’t watch much of that YouTube stuff, but of what I have seen he was better than many of the click whores on that site

It's not even that so much as the not admitting it and removing the videos instead.

"Poets have been mysterious silent on the subject of cheese."

- Gilbert K. Chesterton

Because all the other lemmings said they don’t like him?

FYI Nickleback is one of hundreds of over produced, autotuned, junk music bands that have polluted the music industry for a buck. It's been going on for about 30 years.

...And to stay on topic, Dan plays some of that "music" on his channel. :raspberry:

Because all the other lemmings said they don’t like him?

Yes, lemmings, and lemons and leggers and liars and lawyers and loggers and bloggers and blockers and barriers and barristers and baristas (should I continue?)

Have no fear, it won't happen again.

You a “blocker” one who cant bear to scroll past words that they don’t agree with?

Im sorry to hear that

Last edited:
FYI Nickleback is one of hundreds of over produced, autotuned, junk music bands that have polluted the music industry for a buck. It's been going on for about 30 years.

...And to stay on topic, Dan plays some of that "music" on his channel. :raspberry:

Dude…

They made some damn good music, especially compared to lots of the made for Starbucks soft crap these days

It's rare for me to find a YouTube channel with music I can stand to listen to!

It's rare for me to find a YouTube channel with music I can stand to listen to!

I hear you, sometimes you get it to auto suggiest a good line of music, but given enough time it always screws up, I do also have even my TV browser set to delete cookies on close

But it’s normally good for a couple hours of background music before “WTF is it playing now?” Lol

8) Telling people that “maneuvering speed” is a defined parameter and it’s a maximum, not a minimum as Dan claims.
I’ll be the outlier here and say that I don’t think his MMS rant is bad. I actually think it has merit. He did a crap job of explaining/instructing it, but it’s a good concept.

I know I was involved in a thread a while ago where I defended it. I can’t be bothered to go look it up now.

Edit: That wasn’t too hard. Here it is.

https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/com...s-it-right-graphic-crash.134176/#post-3142715

It’s a sad statement from him, a grown man admitting he’s afraid of a differing opinion, not a good omen for our nation
I prefer to avoid pretending that I know what other people are feeling, especially when it comes to the written word.

I hear you, sometimes you get it to auto suggiest a good line of music, but given enough time it always screws up, I do also have even my TV browser set to delete cookies on close

But it’s normally good for a couple hours of background music before “WTF is it playing now?” Lol
I was talking about the music on channels for which music is not the main attraction. When I go to YouTube for music, I select it myself rather than letting somebody's idea of artificial intelligence do it for me.

And I would rather not have some youtuber who portrays himself as all-knowing being promoted to people who may or may not understand that he is a self-important dude who doesn't know anything more than the rest of us uninformed pilots unless he's talking about crashes that he himself was involved in.

Well who or how then?

I've read every Never Again, I learned about flying from that, NTSB or Kathyrn's Report and there's little depth until the final report. And its a report, not a learning event for admittedly uninformed pilots.

Its why in mining we review MSHA fatalgrams at the next safety meeting with the entire site. We have a dialogue about what and why and how to avoid the same fate.

Dan's plain talk and vast piloting experience fills in a tribal knowledge void with timely analysis. If you're not being enlightened by Dan, then you're not the target audience.

As for Gryder, most of what I know is second hand, so I'm neither in the praise nor pitchforks camp. Some of the stuff I've heard is concerning, but I did feel that he did a good job of presenting the evidence on the identity of "DB Cooper," if you can ignore his gratuitous Fed-bashing.

As for Gryder, most of what I know is second hand, so I'm neither in the praise nor pitchforks camp. Some of the stuff I've heard is concerning, but I did feel that he did a good job of presenting the evidence on the identity of "DB Cooper," if you can ignore his apparent hate for the Feds.

Watched this one, one of the first of his videos I saw, not sure his seaplane time but he nailed it

Later this came out

Attachments

• VAL DHC-3 Elevator Rear Spar ACS.pdf
    349.5 KB · Views: 3
Back