Is Dan Gryder the biggest asset to aviation on youtube?

"D.B. Cooper Deep Family Secrets. Part 1" Two Hours and 48 minutes for part 1.
Seriously?
(No, I didn't watch)
Watch the first few minutes for Gryder's jump with a bag of cash.
Otherwise, Dan understands entertainment; if you saw Rush Limbaugh in the beginning, versus toward the end, you can see that he figured it out as well. Loud and brash just works in America.

Actually, I played it while doing another activity and ended up thinking it was pretty good... YMMV
I have to agree. I crossed Dan off my list a while ago because of a few distasteful videos. But I watched the DB Cooper one full length. Theatrics aside it is his best piece ever.
Short version:. Case solved

His earlier days promoting AQP were great. Then I think the internet started fanning the flames of his ego and things degraded after that. And that’s a shame, because his recent antics and personality seem to discredit AQP rather than promote it, and AQP is much more valuable to aviation than Dan Gryder is.

Also I think he deleted all those videos and acted as though someone hacked him- perhaps accidentally or for the added publicity. Just my hunch.

Matt Guttmiller, CitationMax, and the Cirrus guy who writes in all CAPITAL LETTERS and each flight is a near catastrophe "WE HIT TURBULENCE!" are the worst, imho. Actually the only flying YouTube I enjoy are ASF, anything by Paul Bertorelli, Blancolirio, and Fastback Flying - I can do without all the "SMASH THE LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE BUTTON" and the social media posturing
Is the Cirrus guy the Nikko? My wife calls him the pretentious douche which is strong language for her. I don't mind some content but it gets rehashed and many have become nothing more than internet salespeople with aircraft.

I like Mike Patey videos, makes me realize how lazy I really am. I'll still watch many channels because they are great to fall asleep to at night. Paul Bertorelli can make a video a day and I'd watch it.

I'm going to start Fat Guy Little Plane channel soon, it will just be me flying my little LSA around to find new places to eat and not scare the crap out of my wife. She just refuses to wear the low-cut top and Hooters shorts I picked out for the Thumbnail, but I'm still working on that!

Actually, the biggest class of oafs in YT are anybody on any political channel.

Aviation blowhards rank significantly lower on the scale of jerkdom.

Cheers
I agree, what most don't realize is that on the radio and youtube anyone that might be more akin to your personal political views is making millions off of making you think you are "thinking" alike.

Matt Guttmiller, CitationMax, and the Cirrus guy who writes in all CAPITAL LETTERS and each flight is a near catastrophe "WE HIT TURBULENCE!" are the worst, imho….

Just curious why u don’t like citationmax?

Is the Cirrus guy the Nikko
Yes! He sucks

I like Mike Patey
Yeah he's not bad, something different at least. We have so many videos of people flying already

It's a bit different from the usual but the crew of the AN-225 post a video a couple times a week of their flights. They're fairly 'raw' and unedited.. just a few cameras, no music, you get the sound of the engines and the radio comms*. Amazing how old school flying that huge plane is. Steam gauges, 8 people in the cockpit, lots of handflying - and they'll take it to minimums in some legit IMC. You'll have to know Russian or Ukranian though. They fly all over the world though, neat little channel. In this one they're just manhandling this 6 engine beast around the pattern! Fast forward to 3:15 for the base to final turn.. this might as well be a C-172 pattern they're flying

*I may be alone but there's nothing worse than an over-narrated music laded flying video

Just curious why u don’t like citationmax?
..honestly the aviation content of the videos ain't bad, I like the flying parts and it's largely JUST flying, which is great. What I'm not a big fan of is all the "...in A Private Jet!" titles and dramatic click-baity stuff "Landing in a Snowstorm!" or "crazy turbulence!" who knows.. or I was just in a bad mood the day I wrote that post, or all the YouTube folks out there are working hard to outsmart the algorithms and need to spice up their titles

At the end of the day, it's worth appreciating all the content people put out there. It takes time to edit, upload, etc., and you are ultimately exposing yourself to some potential legal headaches. So critiques aside, I do hope all these guys continue to bring us content, Nikko included :) I get to live my Aerostar life vicariously through Eric Reese

Is the Cirrus guy the Nikko? My wife calls him the pretentious douche which is strong language for her.

Yep, that's him. Far be it from me to defend a PD but English isn't his first language and he can come across that way OR maybe he really is just a pretentious douchenozzle. I don't know but I have a dislike for anyone who seems to look at mechanics like they're servants. Don't remember the video and don't care to look for it. I just don't watch his videos anymore.

Yep, that's him. Far be it from me to defend a PD but English isn't his first language and he can come across that way OR maybe he really is just a pretentious douchenozzle. I don't know but I have a dislike for anyone who seems to look at mechanics like they're servants. Don't remember the video and don't care to look for it. I just don't watch his videos anymore.
Yeah, I'll watch anything TBO and appreciate all content. We got turned off from a political rant he did and then proceeded to bash people in the comments that didn't agree. For me, it's as easy as unsubscribing.

YT changed their "Dislike" thing last month; it no longer counts dislikes, so no video has them. Don't know why.

The video creator can still see them, but viewers can't. YT found that the presence of dislike counters, especially those with non-trivial numbers of dislikes, encouraged people to dislike videos they might otherwise not have reacted to.

I think dislikes, down votes, thumbs downs, etc, should be abolished from all social media. if you don't like something, unsubfreakinscribe and don't watch it again. move on.

please don't dislike this post.

I think dislikes, down votes, thumbs downs, etc, should be abolished from all social media. if you don't like something, unsubfreakinscribe and don't watch it again. move on.

I also think like buttons should be removed.
Ya clicked it Ya watched it for 5 minutes, you probably liked it.
Even if ya didn't like it, ya watched 5 minutes of it, you will probably watch 5 minutes of similar stuff.

What’s da diffrence whedder I like dis post or dis like it?

Even if ya didn't like it, ya watched 5 mi minutes of it, you will probably watch 5 minutes of similar stuff.
Unlikely that gonna happen. Like ya know? Maybe it's likely they will have degrees of likeness. Or unlikeness. Like on a scale of 1 to 10. Oh GI, I like you number 10, buy me a drink.

Unlikely that gonna happen. Like ya know? Maybe it's likely they will have degrees of likeness. Or unlikeness. Like on a scale of 1 to 10. Oh GI, I like you number 10, buy me a drink.
Need that for politicians…you can vote “for” or “against”. If somebody wins an election because they had a lower negative number of votes instead of a higher positive number, they can never run for office again.

Even if ya didn't like it, ya watched 5 minutes of it, you will probably watch 5 minutes of similar stuff.
We'd be better off if this was true. People are so addicted to the fame of likes. And I liked your post just because...

I have to agree. I crossed Dan off my list a while ago because of a few distasteful videos. But I watched the DB Cooper one full length. Theatrics aside it is his best piece ever.
Short version:. Case solved
I agree. He takes an awfully long time to get to the point, but when he finally does, he really delivers the goods.

I never knew about the second hijacking.

We'd be better off if this was true. People are so addicted to the fame of likes. And I liked your post just because...
Maybe this is true of YouTube videos, but I'm pretty sure that likes on PoA don't confer enough fame to get anyone addicted!

No, Dan Gryder isn’t a tool. His brush with the law was a long time ago. If you watch him regularly you’ll see he’s trying to save lives. That should be enough to get him him off your $()/ list. Maybe he called you out one time and you’re still angry. I like him and not going to hide the fact that I do. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt that he’s trying to make GA safer. What are you doing to make it safer?

No, Dan Gryder isn’t a tool. His brush with the law was a long time ago. If you watch him regularly you’ll see he’s trying to save lives. That should be enough to get him him off your $()/ list. Maybe he called you out one time and you’re still angry. I like him and not going to hide the fact that I do. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt that he’s trying to make GA safer. What are you doing to make it safer?
Welcome to POA Dan!

Dan is not trying to save lives. He's trying to get likes and get paid. This means he puts out bad information in order to be first. He often comes to a conclusion before he even has facts. In a crash here in Texas, he decided the female pilot was flying because she had very little time and it only made sense that she caused it. In no way was he trying to save anyone's life. He was trashing a young lady to get ratings. This is his MO.

It's kinda weird that you came here and joined just to post this on a year-old thread. But I look forward to your other positive contributions to the forum.

:popcorn:

Please. Tell us more.

What are you doing to make it safer?

1) Making sure people know that Dan is a tool so that people don't take bad advice from him
2) Making sure to call out Dan when he says dumb things
3) Making sure that people know that Dan has an anti-authority posture that leads him to make dangerous decisions
4) Making sure that people know that Dan's pet charity isn't a charity and there is no evidence that it support animals in any meaningful way
5) Making sure that people know that Dan blew a Cub off the runway because he wasn't being safe
6) Making sure that people know that Dan crashed into a cornfield hotdogging around his own fly-in (witnessed this one in person)
7) Making sure that people know that Dan has stolen crash artifacts and then got ****y when the feds wanted access to the parts.

Last edited:
1) Making sure people know that Dan is a tool so that people don't take bad advice from him
3) Making sure that people know that Dan has an anti-authority posture that leads him to make dangerous decisions
4) Making sure that people know that Dan's pet charity isn't a charity and there is no evidence that it support animals in any meaningful way
5) Making sure that people know that Dan blew a Cub off the runway because he wasn't being safe
6) Making sure that people know that Dan crashed into a cornfield hotdogging around his own fly-in (witnessed this one in person)
7) Making sure that people know that Dan has stolen crash artifacts and then got ****y when the feds wanted access to the parts.

8) Telling people that “maneuvering speed” is a defined parameter and it’s a maximum, not a minimum as Dan claims.

These are all opinions, fair enough. ⬆️

⬆️ have a little hint of the libel to them. Care to share some facts?

Dan can be off-putting, and his 'music' should be elsewhere, like in a garbage can.

For me, I now 'Dan Gryder' other pilots in the pattern, and have a quick dialogue rather than mere position announcements.

I was unaware of AQP before. Makes a lot of sense, hopefully makes pilots think differently and saves lives.

The DTSB accident reviews, whether his assessments are correct or not he examines and speculates on accidents weekly, very helpful.

Seems like he has a passion for helping the pilot community, hopefully he grows into this role he's chosen for himself.

Back