Iron Eagle Question 1 - Can music make you fly faster?

Anytime I see a scene from IE or TG I throw up in my mouth a little bit.

I especially like the sweet car-seat-belts used on Doug's parachute harness...

This is the only song that can make a plane fly faster. That's why it's built in to the Cirrus EFIS with big green LUDICROUS SPEED label.

1s2mvb.jpg

i dont know about flying faster, but the last time i went canoeing, hearing banjo music made me paddle faster!

This is the only song that can make a plane fly faster. That's why it's built in to the Cirrus EFIS with big green LUDICROUS SPEED label.

I agree with this statement. Iron eagle is fake anyhow. This was written specifically for F-14s to go faster. And we all know Tomcat is coolest name ever.

I'm no dummy (debatable I guess) but I feel this movie at multiple points tries to sell us on the idea that somehow playing the right music will make the plane fly faster resulting in "making up some time".
I always thought stickers on cars make them go faster... doesn't putting an eBay purchased "M" badge on your 328i immediately elevate it to M status?

I always thought stickers on cars make them go faster... doesn't putting an eBay purchased "M" badge on your 328i immediately elevate it to M status?

You should ask BMW. They put ///M on all cars now(hint: it's a package)

It's possible...a classmate in high school wanted a 5.0 Mustang in the worst way, but ended up with a 70's Civic hatchback. He got the "5.0" badges from Ford and put them on the Civic fenders...not sure if it made the car faster, but I do know of at least one time that the car caught enough air to make a rally car proud...

I hope I'm not repeating myself on this, but it is funny (to me):

When I was in my 20's a a guy was selling a 280Z "with turbo rims". I said it's not a Turbo 280Z, it just has the same rims?

He's like "yeah, it's 280Z with the turbo rims"

So I'm like "do the rims improve the performance or do they just look nice?"

Crickets.

Back