Iron Bowl

cgrab

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
cgrab
I watched the Iron bowl and came away with two thoughts: first, I believe there will be a rule change that says if an official review gives a team a time out then there will be a 3 second run off (the time it takes to spike the ball) unless the team uses a timeout.

Second, that was a great trick play at the end...put the punt team on then when the return team is set, run the offense on. The defense will come on but the return man may stay and give them 12 men.

Anyway, that game has no impact on Navy beating Army so carry on.

And Michigan flagged removing a shoe in The Game.

Nicely done Auburn.

Last edited:
Crap. Mark ( @mscard88 ) is never around when it’s time to belittle him.

Yesterday was mixed. I’m a GT grad and U (sic) of GA killed us. On the upside, SWMBO is an Auburn grad so their victory was sweet.

Also on the upside, UCF crushed USF Friday in the War on I-4 and I’m a UCF grad, too.

Yesterday was mixed. I’m a GT grad and U (sic) of GA killed us. On the upside, SWMBO is an Auburn grad so their victory was sweet.

GT grad here too. There is some schadenfreude in that Georgia Tech had a commitment from the kid who's kicking for Alabama (and missed the tying FG). Saban swept in at the last minute and flipped the kid to sign at Alabama. Then told him no schollies were available and forced him to grey-shirt, which meant he couldn't enroll the next fall.

So, Saban can bite me. Dishonest scum bum (see: TV edited version of Smokey and the Bandit). And the kid will be forever known for missing THE field goal.

GT grad here too. There is some schadenfreude in that Georgia Tech had a commitment from the kid who's kicking for Alabama (and missed the tying FG). Saban swept in at the last minute and flipped the kid to sign at Alabama. Then told him no schollies were available and forced him to grey-shirt, which meant he couldn't enroll the next fall.

So, Saban can bite me. Dishonest scum bum (see: TV edited version of Smokey and the Bandit). And the kid will be forever known for missing THE field goal.

Is that name spelled with a b or a t? I always thought it was “Nick Satan”.....

Spell it however you want but he is the highest paid civil servant in the nation. My taxes at work.

Is that name spelled with a b or a t? I always thought it was “Nick Satan”.....

In the end he’s not paid to be a nice guy, he’s paid (very handsomely) to win games.

I love how he got outsmarted by Auburn’s punt formation and then said it was “unfair”.

Just glad there’s likely no Alabama in the playoffs this year.

I love how he got outsmarted by Auburn’s punt formation and then said it was “unfair”.

The guy who pushes everything right to the limits complaining about something being unfair. LOL.

Kinda like the school bully tattling when he gets noogied by someone else.

The guy who pushes everything right to the limits complaining about something being unfair. LOL.

Kinda like the school bully tattling when he gets noogied by someone else.

Saban is washed up just like Urban Myer.

Saban is a great coach when he can greyshirt and pay players and otherwise not follow the rules. Don't believe me. Look at his record at Michigan State and Miami. IOW, give him a level playing field and he's mediocre. I laughed a lot at his "it's unfair" tantrum.

You're welcome. For whatever reason, Saban is tone deaf when it comes to kickers. With all the $$$ floating around in the UA booster ranks, I can't fathom why we haven't gone down to Brazil and recruited a semi-pro soccer player as a kicker. I heard a stat a few weeks ago that Bama has missed more field goals under Saban than any other team in D-I during the same time period. At this point, it's almost humorous because it's so sad. Wasn't there a D-II or D-III coach a few years ago who made the news cycle for always going for it on 4th down? The Bama fan base (of which I am a member) has almost gotten to the point of "Oh.. It's 4th and goal at the 25? Go for it. That's our best shot."

Sooner fans were all yelling WDE for sure, lol. For better or worse, OU has a decent shot of making the playoffs again.

Sooner fans were all yelling WDE for sure, lol. For better or worse, OU has a decent shot of making the playoffs again.

Which is pretty ironic considering how many Bama fans were yelling "Go Jalen!" after the Iron Bowl.

Which is pretty ironic considering how many Bama fans were yelling "Go Jalen!" after the Iron Bowl.

Lol, they can still yell "Go Jalen!" if we get a shot at the playoffs. I do love that the Bama fans have been supportive of Jalen after he left, he's an easy kid to root for. I have always liked Bama, in general, but I'm not a fan of Saban in particular, winning results or not. I enjoyed the trip we took to Tuscaloosa back in '03 when we had the home-at-home series with them.

Lol, they can still yell "Go Jalen!" if we get a shot at the playoffs.

Bama fans love to root for players/coaches that have success at other places. Then they can yell Built by Bama and take credit for that organization's success as well. It's nauseating

Back