IR written

mryan75

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
mryan75
Hey fellas,

I have mine tomorrow. I wanted to ask anyone who has taken it recently, was it heavy in any particular area? I've heard regs and approaches were a very big portion of the questions. Also, anything on there you had never seen or heard of? Ive heard of at happening too.

I've been taking practice tests and getting in the 90's, so I'm confident, but I figured I'd check to see if anyone had any comments, thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks!

There is no single test. You will be presented with a set of questions chosen by a computer...just where the computer places emphasis on a given day is a mystery. You should be ready to answer questions in all areas.

Bob

There is no single test. You will be presented with a set of questions chosen by a computer...just where the computer places emphasis on a given day is a mystery. You should be ready to answer questions in all areas.

Bob
I figured that was the case. Like I said, I'm consistently pulling 90s on random tests, so I'm confident. I'm working through all the areas I've ever gotten a question wrong today. Thanks Bob.

I took it in March and it was a pretty broad representation of the study materials, a little bit of everything in my opinion.

I took it in March and it was a pretty broad representation of the study materials, a little bit of everything in my opinion.
Fantastic. That's what I'm hoping for.

I took mine last month. Seemed pretty easy...got a 98 using sheppard. Questions were a little bit of everything.

I took it about a month ago and like others have said, the questions were pretty random. If you're getting 90's on practice tests you shouldn't have a problem. I did notice some of the questions were phrased differently but not enough to worry about. Good luck!!!

There appears to be allot more focus placed on icing in the written test now. I just took mine (got a 90%) and there were allot of questions on icing. Sporty’s also provides notice of the FAAs focus on icing in their practice instrument tests.

I got a 93. I'm pleased with it. There was one question where I swear they didn't give you enough information to pick an answer, and one where I don't think the correct answer was one of the three choices (I'll post about those later). The one section that I had the most trouble with (HSI orientation) guess how many questions I got? Zero.

All in all a good day. Glad to have it behind me. Checkride prep time.

There appears to be allot more focus placed on icing in the written test now. I just took mine (got a 90%) and there were allot of questions on icing. Sporty’s also provides notice of the FAAs focus on icing in their practice instrument tests.
I got one icing question, about SLD and where they form.

Back