IR written test results....

CJones

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
uHaveNoIdea
Took the IR written exam this afternoon. There must be a HUGE flaw in the system because I passed with a 95%! YEEEHAW!!!

Believe it or not, there weren't even any blind guesses! :no:

Checkride scheduled for tomorrow but TAF for KBRL is showing 600' ceilings all afternoon. *sigh* Oh well.. Gives me more time to study for oral portion of 'ride. Hopefully I can get it rescheduled before Christmas day trip to Alabama.

*fingers crossed*

-Chris

Congratulations and best of luck on your checkride, Chris. I'm sure Tony did a fine job and you'll pass with flying colors!

Regards,

Best of luck Chris!! If the ceilings keep you on the ground are you going to try for the oral part or just reschedule the whole thing?

Best of luck Chris!! If the ceilings keep you on the ground are you going to try for the oral part or just reschedule the whole thing?

I'll resched the whole thing. If ceilings prevent me from flying there, it would be a 3+ hr drive, so I'll just wait and do it all at once.

Congrats Chris ,and GOOD LUCK on the ride, I'm sure you'll do fine.
Dave G

Checkride scheduled for tomorrow but TAF for KBRL is showing 600' ceilings all afternoon. *sigh* Oh well.. Gives me more time to study for oral portion of 'ride. Hopefully I can get it rescheduled before Christmas day trip to Alabama.

Chris,

Have you talked with the DPE about doing the ride in actual? I guess many won't, but mine said he would.

Good luck!

DE might be up for it. hard part would be getting chris to the checkride. Im at home for christmas break, 2.5 hr drive from Ames. Leah just got into town so its going to take some pretty serious begging to get me to come to ames! :)

Chris,

Have you talked with the DPE about doing the ride in actual? I guess many won't, but mine said he would.

Good luck!

DE might be up for it. hard part would be getting chris to the checkride. Im at home for christmas break, 2.5 hr drive from Ames. Leah just got into town so its going to take some pretty serious begging to get me to come to ames! :)

When I went to take my inst ride. We had IMC at the airport she really wanted to go to as it had an ILS, VOR and NDB approach. But it was night and she did not want to fly an NDB in actual at night. So we went to another airport. I was glad because at that time I had a bunch of night hours but only about 3 hours in actual with only .5 of that at night.

To bad he is not closer I would love to get up and fly. I have been down in Florida taking care of mom most of this month and I am home for a little bit this week and would like to go over and start the airplane up. I may fly tomorrow and get a few Conus challenge airport. We are supposed to have rain here on Friday so I may not go.

Chris,

Good luck!

Rumor has it that this DPE doesn't do rides in Actual. And like Tony said, there's that whole deal about actually getting the airplane TO the ride.

Will be phoning within the next few minutes to see when I can resched with him.

Good thing about today, though, is that I had already requested and been granted all day off. :D

-Chris

good, then you can spend the whole day studying :D

IR Checkride resched for Saturday afternoon.

Study today. Work tomorrow. Fly Saturday.

cool, weather is supposed to be much better. have fun!

burlington terminal is calling for 2500 broken for checkride time, going to 2500 scattered by late afternoon. The crap basically just ends in a north/south line that is currently in west/central iowa. Hope you can make it over there tomorrow chris. Richard makes an excellent point, we ARE all counting on you. and call me when you finish good or bad!

Back