IR Check Ride

GMascelli

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
GaryM
I PASSED!! :goofy:

I'm just working on my write up and gulping down ice tea. I'm glad it's over, I'm tired, need a second shower and I'm hungry. Updates later.

Fantastic!!! :thumbsup: Good day to be out there under the hood! Looking forward to details,.... sounds like we need a Wings Celebration Friday!!

I PASSED!! :goofy:

I'm just working on my write up and gulping down ice tea. I'm glad it's over, I'm tired, need a second shower and I'm hungry. Updates later.

That is fabulous, Gary! :thumbsup: It is great to know that rating is there to pull out when required to get the job done! :)

And you know... that post-checkride hungry/thirsty thing reminds me of another friend who expressed the same sentiment after getting his PPL. Must be a man thing... I couldn't come down off the figurative ceiling or think about food until hours later. But after congratulating him, giving him a hug, and asking what he was going to do first now that he was a pilot... his answer was a long tired sigh and then "Get something to eat!" :0

Last edited:
Told ya!!! All the faith in the world. Now get out there and fly with your eyes closed!:hairraise:

Congrats, Gary! The instrument rating is the best rating you can get. You'll love having it.

Adam, it's using vision without sight, not flying with your eyes closed. ;)

Congrats Gary. Now you get to get rid of the hood and look out the window and enjoy the view again.

Congratulations! I'm close myself, and just had two flights where I nailed everything my CFII threw at me. On to the final stage check with the flight school owner.

Now I just need to schedule my checkride while the ADF is still INOP.

I heard today that a DPE has been suspended for conducting excessively lenient check-rides to deficient applicants, and that all of his candidates have been notified that they will be retested.

Have you received the telegram yet?:tongue:

Just spoofin'. Congrats!

Nice job! Another license to learn!

Congrats Gary. :thumbsup:

Congratulations! I really need to get back to it myself. Much more utility with it in this area.

Back