Iphone text alerts

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
How do you show a badge in locked screen that shows you received a text message, without showing the sender?

Just name the mistress a males name and start talking about the new cool guy at work... " mike"

How do you show a badge in locked screen that shows you received a text message, without showing the sender?

Settings--> notifications -->
1 - Show preview (On)
2 - Down at the bottom "Show in lock screen" (On)

Settings--> notifications -->
1 - Show preview (On)
2 - Down at the bottom "Show in lock screen" (On)

Show preview is on by default, you have to turn it off. Then you'll only get notification of an incoming text.

If I set it to "preview" I not only get the sender, but the message itself. If I turn it off, I get the sender but no preview.

If I set it to "preview" I not only get the sender, but the message itself. If I turn it off, I get the sender but no preview.

OH. I just understood what you were asking. You want to see the text only, not the sender. I don't think you can do that.

Although I really don't mind it showing the sender. I'm glad I figured out how to stop it from showing the actual text message. I leave my phone on the desk sometimes at work:rolleyes:

OH. I just understood what you were asking. You want to see the text only, not the sender. I don't think you can do that.

No, I don't want to see the text, or the sender. I just want to see something that tells me I received a message.

As we known, every time you sync iDevice with iTunes, it will automatically make a backup of your iDevice contents including photos, SMS, reminders, contacts and more. Therefore, as long as you have ever synced your iPhone with iTunes, you can get the lost text messages from iPhone backup files created by iTunes.
Do not connect your iPhone to iTunes again until the messages are recovered. Otherwise, the old backup file will be overwritten by the current content on your iPhone. Once it happens, the deleted messages will be gone forever.

Yeah but that's not my issue though.

Back