Iphone & Garmin 696 bluetooth issues w/ Flightstream 210

memayo

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Michael
My garmin 696 and iphone 11 pro max are not playing nice together when both are connected to my FS210. Oddly enough I can use my older ipad instead of the iphone with no issues.

FS210 software is the latest (2.90) and the Garmin 696 software is the latest.

Anyone else ran into this issue or have any suggestions?

I do know more than 2 Bluetooth connections to an iPad or iPhone can cause some issues.might be something to look at.

issue is exactly as I stated above, when trying to use only my iphone and the 696 only at the same time.

Have you tried clearing and forgetting all connections to the 210 and on the iDevices and re-pairing them?

Have you tried clearing and forgetting all connections to the 210 and on the iDevices and re-pairing them?

I have done that for the iphone but not the 696

I will see if that does anything next time i fly

Wipe everything, the 210, the 696 and the i things. Start fresh with nothing on any of them. I had a similar problem and it cleared when I did a fresh connection to all the devices I wanted

Well I just tired deleting the 696 and the iPhone and then reconnected to both and had the same issue. I did not delete the iPad from the flightstream though. I’ll try to delete everything from all devices next and then reconnect and see if it clears the issue. -mayo

Are you using just 2 devices at a time? You have to set an option if you want more than 2.

Are you using just 2 devices at a time? You have to set an option if you want more than 2.

yes - only using 2 devices at once. Either the g696 and iphone(which wont work together) or the g696 and the ipad, which will work at the same time. If i turn either the g696 bluetooth off or the iphone bluetooth off, either will work just fine.

Garmin says you cannot have the gtx345 bluetooth turned on if using FS210, which I dont know exactly why, if they just aren't "certified" to work at the same time or what because i think technically they will. This would solve my issue...

Last edited:
I turned the bluetooth on my gtx345 and can now use my iphone connected to the FS210 and the g696 connected to the 345. (im aware garmin says bluetooth to be turned off on 345 if using flightstream) I am able to now use both w/o either disconnecting, and receive traffic and weather.

I then connected my ipad to the FS210 and began again to have connection issues with the iphone and ipad. It seems my iphone just doesn't play nice when anything else is connected to the same bluetooth(garmin) connection- i do not have issues with it when it is connected to a stratus.

Back