iPhone/Bose Headphones question please...

AGLyme

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Andrew
I linked up the iPhone ito the Bose headset via bluetooth the other day. While flying, I received a phone call. I could hear the ring in the Bose no problem. When I answered I could not hear the person on the other line. Later, the person told me that they could not hear my voice, just the sound of the airplane. I received 2 calls like that... both could hear the airplane, I could not hear the person on the other end, and they could not hear my voice. What am I doing wrong please?

Thank you in advance...

When you answer you need to make sure the Bose is selected as the audio source. A source screen should pop up for a moment.

The iPhone screen (in a cradle attached to the windscreen) revealed the call only... normal green/red button to click on... no messages regarding audio source but I will pay attention next time. Thank you for your reply

When you're connected to Bluetooth, and after you've answered a call, click on the button that normally puts your phone on speaker. This will now have a third option, which is your Bose headset. Click on the Bose option and you will now be able to speak through your headset.

Sometimes I have to press the bluetooth button on the Bose controller to make it flash blue even though you paired the 2 before. Then it will be with your iphone. But also like said above you got to make sure the iphone audio source is the Bose A20. Sometimes it is auto connects when I turn on my headsets and sometimes not. I can look under setting and then bluetooth on my phone to see if it is connected. For me it vary s whether the 2 auto connect.

Last edited:
When you answer you need to make sure the Bose is selected as the audio source. A source screen should pop up for a moment.

FWIW: Yes, this is the right answer and yes I had the exact same confusion on Lightspeed. :)

On a rare occasion, it happens in my car as well. I have to “reselect” the car and all is well for quite a while. Bluetooth is usually very reliable but it not totally foolproof.

Cheers

When you're connected to Bluetooth, and after you've answered a call, click on the button that normally puts your phone on speaker. This will now have a third option, which is your Bose headset. Click on the Bose option and you will now be able to speak through your headset.

And in the five seconds it takes to do this, the caller will be yelling "HELLO? HELLO?! ARE YOU THERE?!" o_O

Back