iPhone aps

A couple of interesting new ones:

* ZooZ Control: Lets you use the iPhone to control a flight simulator on your computer.

* Flight Control. This is an absolutely addicting little app where you play ATC and drag planes to runways. They fly in the path that you drag with your finger. Not realistic at all, but WAY fun! One of the best dollars I've ever spent. :yes:

My favorite app is AirWX (This program alone makes the phone worth having).
Others I have are:
FlightPlan
Nav Clock
FltPlan
PilotWiz
AeroWeather
FlightTrack

I also bought flight control. If you enjoyed atc sim you'll like this app. :yes:

Flight control is indeed cool..difficult.but cool :D

37 landed..best iPhone game so far

...seriously...87? What is the trick?!?

...seriously...87? What is the trick?!?

I figured out that you can send a plane towards the edge of the screen and it'll turn around when it gets there and head back... gives you time to clear some traffic. You just take a chance of other traffic popping out at the same spot sometimes. I've also drawn a bunch of circles in one spot to keep a plane circling while I moved other traffic. Also don't forget you can have traffic cross midfield and it won't interfere with landing traffic and you can change the the path anytime.

I can get into the mid 40s....but generally I get owned because I'll get a bunch of helicopters, small jets, and large jets at once..and I can't sort it out fast enough.. hm

I'm a flight control junkie. High score is 118. I find it amusing that the game's score counter has 5 digits.

No secret to it, just "get 'em landed as quickly as possible". Try to avoid routing planes along the edges, where they'll bump into newly arriving planes. Minimize the number of planes floating on the screen. Don't get fancy trying to put them in "holds" or anything, the goal is really to route each plane only once, providing sequencing in that initial route. When re-routes are necessary, try to minimize their number. Try to give a bunch of routes that will all work together in sequence, and not try to continually turn each plane again and again. Once you find yourself just directing planes in random directions, the game will soon be over.
-harry

Anybody here using PFMA? Looks cool! Flight calculator with an FMS look & feel.

http://aviationmentor.blogspot.com/2009/08/winds-aloft-with-pfma.html

IMG_0087.jpg

LogTen Pro Universal

I've been using it and am very happy. Works on the iPhone and iPad. You can also buy the LogTen Pro for MAC which rocks. It's pricey but I went with it for the following reasons:

1) Sync to all your iOS devices (works with iOS7 and Mavericks)
2) Each device acts as a backup copy (I hate manual backups)
3) Smart Limits and Groups (you can set up FAR117 limits, etc)
4) They are going to be around....worth it to me to pay a little more for that peace of mind.
5) I'm an airline pilot and like the fact that it tracks duty day for me and counts down to my limits. If I update the landing time of a future flight I can see the effect on my duty day right away.

There's a short video on it at www.airlinepilothiring.net/pilotstore.aspx

Back