IPC today

azure

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
azure
Finally finished up my 5 hour insurance dual requirement today with an IPC. Already did a flight review earlier in the week. The instrument workout was kind of intense... but the flying on the gauges skills came back very quickly, the harder part was getting proficient again with the 480 buttonology. I'm not *quite* there yet, but a lot better than I was. At one point I somehow put the approach for my departure field into the flight plan; fortunately that's easily fixed. I'm still not sure how I did that, seems the only way is to punch it in from the PROC page by pressing the approach button for the departure field, and I'm pretty sure I didn't do that. Anyway I'll be filing on VFR days only for a while - and shooting a lot of approaches while staying visual - before launching into the clag.

(That's if there will even be any more opportunities before September or October. Knowing the weather patterns here in VT, we probably had our last really good IFR day for the spring yesterday.)

But in any case, I'm ready to hit the skies again. Woohoo!! :D

Good job! Still haven't figured out all the buttonology on my 480 but I don't fly IFR anymore so it's not that important.

Back