IPC, Biennial, Night Currency in Chicago

mpartovi

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
mpartovi
So I took a look at what I need to be current again so I can get some air under my wings.

Looks like i'm gonna need my Biennial, an IPC, and 3 T/O Landings at night.

I mostly fly at night...so the above is a must-do.

I initially planned on going to my old FBO at Clow Airport. (A & M)

I was gonna do the above and also get checked out in the Diamond Eclipse C-1. Ok...so now for the rough part. A & M's rates aren't all that favorable...and they require a $400 deposit to join the flying club. Of course...you dont have to join...but then you're payin tons more on their already ballooned rates.

So heres my plea...anyone know of a CFII willing to give me the IPC, Biennial, night t/o landings in their (read: cheap) 172? I know for sure I wont be passing my IPC...so I'll need some dual under the hood.

The idea of forkin' over about a grand to get flying again just isn't putting a smile on my face. Not to mention once I get current...I wouldn't have any money left to use my currency. :(

JOOC, how long has it been since last you flew?

mpartovi said:
So heres my plea...anyone know of a CFII willing to give me the IPC, Biennial, night t/o landings in their (read: cheap) 172? I know for sure I wont be passing my IPC...so I'll need some dual under the hood.

The idea of forkin' over about a grand to get flying again just isn't putting a smile on my face. Not to mention once I get current...I wouldn't have any money left to use my currency. :(

Oohh...boy...lets see...the last entry in my logbook has to be about...May of 2005. Wow...thats been a long time.

mpartovi said:
Oohh...boy...lets see...the last entry in my logbook has to be about...May of 2005. Wow...thats been a long time.
Here's what I'd expect and want:

* Three separate flights to get my VFR currency back
First flight for basic airwork, airspace review, and landings​
Second flight for night X-C by pilotage and radio nav, and landings.​
Third flight for review and refinement​

* Three more flights for the IPC
First flight would be for basic climbs/descents and combinations, unusual attitude recovery, basic instrument flight under PP, and one or two full panel approaches​
Second flight would be weather review, navigation, holds and four or five approaches with full panel​
Third flight would be navigation, lost comm, holds, and another four or five approaches with most of the flight under PP​

If each lesson were three hours with maybe 1.5 ground and 1.5 air, you are looking at 9 hours ground and 9 in the air to get very solid. I think it would be a great value.

Hmmm, at those hours most FBO's I know would be over a grand.

Give a call to Illinois Aviation Academy at DPA to compare rates. That's where I rented and flew from. They were pretty good.

Back