IPAWS test

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
During Wednesday's 1:20 (CDT) test, we will be in a meeting which really should not be disturbed. But we need to be able to receive messages.
If we simply mute our phones, will the "jarring and obnoxious" audio still come through or is turning the phone off the only way to avoid it?

My understanding is that you need to turn off the phone. I am putting mine in a faraday cage. Paranoia is just another word for good sense when they are out to get you.

Depending on what phone you have, you may be able to go in and turn the alerts to vibrate only, or just turn them off for the meeting.

Phones also have a do not disturb mode which silences all notifications except emergencies. How they define emergency varies but 99% will be silenced.

Phones also have a do not disturb mode which silences all notifications except emergencies.

I have the Do Not Disturb on my phone, but it will let folks in my contact list get through. Really stops those annoying spam calls starting at 6am like I used to get.

I dont think changing those settings will do anything.

Can I opt-out of tests in my phone settings?

Recent models of mobile phones may include a setting to opt-out of tests and alerts. None of those settings willaffect the 2023 national test. If your mobile phone is on and receiving service from a participating wireless provider,you should receive the national test

That FAQ implies airplane mode will work to keep from receiving the test.

Leave wifi and BT on, turn cellular service off.

That FAQ implies airplane mode will work to keep from receiving the test.

Leave wifi and BT on, turn cellular service off.
Make sure you don't have WIFI calling enabled if your phone supports that.

Also remember your Apple Watch will play that game, too.

Make sure you don't have WIFI calling enabled if your phone supports that.

Also remember your Apple Watch will play that game, too.

My default setting
2333a3eabb8ce8d091bc1a06fb8fa163.jpg

Back