Ipad weather app recommendations

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
I've previously used the Weather Channel app for getting my local weather, however, they retired the app and the new version appears to be incompatible with my Ipad 4. No, I'm not going to rush out and buy a new Ipad.

Here's why I liked it - I get hourly breakdowns of temperature and winds at a glance, and it's reasonably accurate. I've tried a couple replacements but they have been crap. They give me hourly temps but not winds. So rather than go on a massive install/uninstall campaign, I figured I would throw it out, is anybody using a weather app (other than an aviation weather app) that they like, that gives the functionality of hourly wind speed and direction?

Yes, I get it, I can get TAF's from a couple local airports and yes it will give me the information I want, but I like the at-a-glance functionality.

Weatherspork...... it's in the AP store and the guy who runs it is on Beechtalk and very active. He's a meteorologist I think.

I like weather underground for actual and historical data. I don't use it for forecasts, but they do have hourly winds forecast.

Attachments

• IMG_0594.PNG
    IMG_0594.PNG
    229.8 KB · Views: 13
He's a meteorologist I think.
And a CFI-I, and an educator, and a member of PoA, and an author of many articles for many aviation magazines and blogs, and (insert Yul Brenner voice) etcetera, etcetera, etcetera

And a CFI-I, and an educator, and a member of PoA, and an author of many articles for many aviation magazines and blogs, and (insert Yul Brenner voice) etcetera, etcetera, etcetera

Yea, but can he whistle Dixie? o_O

Don’t know how to link to it here but a thread on Wx App options was started 5/24, titled “Cross Country Weather Apps” or the like - had what I found to be some useful alternatives.
(Can someone edumacate me how to link to a previous thread?)

Can someone edumacate me how to link to a previous thread?
Go to other thread.

Highlight info in the address bar, copy it.

Return to thread you want to reply to. Paste it.

WeatherSpork is THE best thing that has happened in aviation weather monitoring and planning in a long time.

Not sure it is what you want but I like both of these web sites.

https://www.ventusky.com
and
https://www.windy.com

For what I'm looking for, the Weather Channel site works fine, basically an hourly breakdown of temps and wind speed and direction at any given place. I'm just looking for an Ipad app that does the same. It's not for aviation. It's for bicycle route planning.

Weather’ by Impala Studios.

Back