iPad Nano --- Already leaked!

celebrity-pictures-leonard-nimoy-ipod-crap.jpg

Someone forwarded this to me yesterday:

Attachments

• iPad_FAIL.jpg
    iPad_FAIL.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 34
Someone forwarded this to me yesterday:

I believe I posted a general statement of the same in another thread and was torn up for saying it is underpowered and a joke....

Now this spec sheet is useful. I'd like to see pricing too. I bet the iTampon is more expensive...

I believe I posted a general statement of the same in another thread and was torn up for saying it is underpowered and a joke....

Now this spec sheet is useful. I'd like to see pricing too. I bet the iTampon is more expensive...

I think the HP is (was) probably way higher priced (probably in the $2K range) - it was being sold as a tablet computer. The iPad is being sold as a "something else". It's probably more closely related, and compared to, a Kindle.

I think the HP is (was) probably way higher priced (probably in the $2K range) - it was being sold as a tablet computer. The iPad is being sold as a "something else". It's probably more closely related, and compared to, a Kindle.

I'm not trying to be a fanboy here but, a Kindle? Really? My old circa 2001 Nokia cell phone languishing in my desk drawer is more powerful than a Kindle. And eminently more useful even without a SIM.

The iPad basically is a large iPod Touch with some reengineered native apps. It has a lot of room to grow and though my wife and I have been in the market for a tablet for traveling I'm waiting.

Last edited:

The HP was terrible. Really terrible. I was given one of the early ones to use, I got some time with it. Really wasn't suitable for my use. (NOTE: I do have an xplore ruggedized tablet that I use in-cockpit - it's actually a decent machine, a little slow but decent.)

Agree that Apple is trying something different here. For them (like Amazon), it's not about selling the appliance, it's about selling content. The iPod was more about the "store" than it was about the player (plenty of competing MP3 players out there). That's why Apple was more than willing to give the publishing companies what they wanted for pricing on content - they knew that Amazon had torqued the publishers over pricing. In doing so, it gives Apple more content to sell, and takes away from those that aren't willing to price the way sellers want to price.

How many people truly use their computer for computing? I'd say for the home user it is a rare occurrence, though what is that word ("computing") mean in today's world?

I see the comparison to a Kindle - I get it. But really the comparison should be with a laptop for most users. The iPad does or will do everything most casual users do with their laptop now without the extra features they seldom use. Only better in some areas e.g the user interface and 3G ready.

How many people truly use their computer for computing? I'd say for the home user it is a rare occurrence, though what is that word ("computing") mean in today's world?

Yep - define computing.

I consider photo processing to be "computing"... so for me the number would be fairly high.

"Fix" the Flash issue with Adobe and IMO the iPad will be the bees knees.

Won't happen. It's pretty obvious now that Apple is trying to kill Flash by creating a large number of high-use internet devices that don't support it, thus pushing content providers to move to HTML5 instead.

And good riddance - Flash is a big, buggy resource hog. For the length of time it's been out, there's really no excuse for that.

Back