Ipad Mini?

YHGTBSM, they give away a white faced iPad for pilot to use in an airplane introducing glare and reflection in the cockpit?:nonod::nonod::nonod:

YHGTBSM, they give away a white faced iPad for pilot to use in an airplane introducing glare and reflection in the cockpit?:nonod::nonod::nonod:

Well, actually, since you brought it up, the drawing is to promote a new mount for the iPad mini called the iPro Navigator. It will be the first mount to address the issue of sunlight on an iPad (causing overheating and glare).

David, now you can try and take that 172 up to FL510...

Jeppesen reports it has completed tests of the new fourth-generation iPad with Retina display and iPad Mini, proving the devices can handle an unlikely event of sudden cabin pressure loss.

The tests were completed to an altitude of 51,000 feet and are part of the program used by operators to obtain FAA authorization for inflight use of Jeppesen’s iPad apps. The company completed similar tests on the iPad, iPad 2 and iPad third generation when each tablet came onto the market.

Source

A coworker has one. I was skeptical but I have to admit, I kind of like it. It's a good size - I'd watch a movie on it (on an airplane), you can hold it more easily for book-reading, it would more easily slip into a purse - meaning I could see carrying it around all day, even if I were out sightseeing, for instance.

The iPhone is too small for books and movies IMHO - I have a Touch that I take on vacation with me and sure, I do use it for just that on the plane, but it's not the best experience. I won't take the iPad because it's a little too big and unwieldy to put into my purse.

I mentioned earlier in this thread about my "Fat Finger" problems with ForeFlight maps screen on the iPad and how that might be a bigger problem on the Mini. I found this on the Apple Site and looks like a pretty good solution for the smaller side bezel.

"Rethinking the screen meant we also had to rethink the software behind it. iPad mini intelligently recognizes whether your thumb is simply resting on the display or whether you’re intentionally interacting with it. It’s the kind of detail you’ll notice — by not noticing it. And it’s a great example of how Apple hardware and software work together to give you the best experience possible."

Since the PITA was picking it up and/or holding it and watching the home screen or airports or something else show up "uninvited", this design feature looks good.

The whole article is here:
http://www.apple.com/ipad-mini/design/

Congrats to Grant Prellwitz. He won the iPad mini from Gold Seal and www.ForPilotsOnly.com.

prellwitz.jpg

I agree, its the perfect size. Have you tried the new Bendix King program for I-pad. "My Wing Man"? I think its the best of the bunch and Ive tred them all.

a friend of mine bought one and loaded it with foreflight. still pretty easy to read. I hate that they changed the charging ports b/c my current bad elf won't fit an ipad mini.

Back